Propshaft U/J Marina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propshaft U/J Marina

Propshaft U/J needs to be replaced on the Roadster. The motor factor is looking for measurements which means taking the bearing out but I need the car to get to the motorfactors !
    Does anyone have a part number that might help ?
    The propshaft was originally on a Marina Van. Are the U/Js different on Marinas,vans,Itals?
    Any help appreciated.

Re: Propshaft U/J Marina

Some Marinas had staked UJ's, not necessarly replaceable, most had Circlipped UJ's.
    All models, of Marina/Ital and 7cwt & 10cwt vans used the same sized bearings.
    The part number I have is GUJ 119 for the middle and rear and GUJ 120 for the front but I cannot tell you the difference between the two.

It might be that the following ebay item will help.

The following article may help more

Last edited by stevejgreen; 01-05-12, 10:38 AM.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Cheers Steve. I've just found the QH code QL15002 and a Unipart code of GUJ101. From memory the front and rear were the same, both circlipped, but now I have a bit of doubt ! They seem to be available with or without grease nipples so that is maybe the coding difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Q163PDS View Post
        Cheers Steve. I've just found the QH code QL15002 and a Unipart code of GUJ101. From memory the front and rear were the same, both circlipped, but now I have a bit of doubt ! They seem to be available with or without grease nipples so that is maybe the coding difference.
        QL 15002 is the part no I remember as being for front /rear of propshaft

Comment

I was told that there were only two sizes of UJ fitted to cars, the big and and the little one, as Spicers only made those two sizes originally. The Marina had the little one.

Comment

Turns out it was the diff not the u/js. Fun afternoon spent replacing it. Now the car is quiet again.

Last edited by trevor_ford; 22-05-12, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Ouch.
              Pleased its done.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
              X