This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Roadster Owners Group.

A group for the technical support of MkII Roadsters based on a Morris Marina/Ital or commercials (Marlin Chassis 2151 onwards)

It is intended to be an aid to sourcing parts and resolving maintenance issues, as well as being a central resource for all those irritating characteristics, that many owners have worked hard to design out.

There are no conditions in joining or contributing to the group discussion. To get there click "Community", (just under "What's New") use the drop down list to select "groups" and off you go. or...
    Click here to go to the group pages directly

Re: Marina Roadster Owners Group.

Thanks to those who have joined the Marina Roadster Owners Group.

From the membership details published in Pitstop, around 6% of the total MOC members every year are made up by new Marina Roadster Owners. That’s 30+ new owners, every year. Many may not be familiar with the Morris Marina and Marlin Roadster design characteristics and may well need some support to keep the cars in reliable roadworthy condition.

I started the group with the intention of archiving important information on parts availability, refurbishment and various technical discussions, to complement the existing forum. For example the Overheating Marina Roadster discussion, combines information from many different sources, some of which might otherwise be missed by a simple forum search.

To date, since the group started, 135+ copies of the shared Adobe Acrobat files have been downloaded. Clearly there is an interest.

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience within the MOC and it is hoped that other Marina Roaster Owners will make their own contributions.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Don't forget also....or if you're a new member please note ......

1 The club has "Tech Tips" CDs which are collated reprints of all the valuable knowledge and ideas given by members in old copies of Pitstop

2 And copies of the Build Manuals....one for the Mk1 and three variants for the Mk2......all on one CD

Comment

There have been twenty downloads of my 'Morris Marina Rear axle differential' article at http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4039...34-pm-81k?da=y

I have made a couple of significant edits, on Speedo gears and Hub oil seals that may be of interest.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

New file 'Bio Fuels in a Marina' added http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4136...06-pm-83k?da=y

I have used an external service to share these files.
          You will need to sign up to 'Keepandshare' to download them. It's free and will give you access to all the 40+ documents I have shared.

If you have a problem please email or PM me with your 'Keepandshare' user name
          Last edited by stevejgreen; 14-06-12, 05:04 PM.
          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

I have now uploaded substantial portions of the BL Marina Worshop Manual to Keepandshare.

You have to register (FREE) to see them.

I now have over 70 individual Marlin related files shared there. Indexing them individually on this forum is no longer practical as I add and edit some docs frequently.

If you cannot access them after registering, contact me via PM.
            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Steve, how do I join the Mk 2 club, I'm missing something, I think I've been snorting to much carbon monoxide !

Comment

Harry
                If you go to the top of the page you will see just under the top bar where it says forum your user name click on that and it should take you to your profile scroll down and you should see join groups click on that and you will find it there.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                  There have been twenty downloads of my 'Morris Marina Rear axle differential' article at http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4039...34-pm-81k?da=y

I have made a couple of significant edits, on Speedo gears and Hub oil seals that may be of interest.

Hi Steve,
                  Please accept my apologies, but I do not have a clue how to operate this system ! My question to your goodself and anybody else that may be able to provide guidance , is there a parts list somewhere , on the net , or on the club's site , where I can find out the manufacturer's part number , for example: the brake caliper for a 1700 Ital ?
                  Appreciate any help that you can give.

Comment

Hi Steve.
                    I am currently in Spain, far from my parts books back in the UK but as far as I can recall the brakes for an Ital follow the Marina pattern.

A good friend wrote this on his own website. It includes part numbers from Rimmer Brothers, Triumph parts stockists, many parts on a Marina followed the Dolomite range.

Hope this info helps.
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Have a look at http://www.earlpart.co.uk/catalogue%20marina.pdf although they use their own part numbers you can see all the parts for various models.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Steve I will email you this evening.

Comment

Hi Ben, Many thanks for your reply.

I have already tried the Earlparts listings , regrettably their numbers do not appear to relate to BL/Rover manufacturing numbers although, they may suggest if parts are possibly common between models. Perhaps I'll take another look.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNewman View Post

I have already tried the Earlparts listings , regrettably their numbers do not appear to relate to BL/Rover manufacturing numbers although, they may suggest if parts are possibly common between models. Perhaps I'll take another look.

Steve.
                            The fact that Earlparts use their own numbering system is a pain....

Rimmer Brothers supply parts for the Triumph Dolomite http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID008499 the Type 14 calipers listed are the same as Morris Marina ones.

But again, despite being the same parts, they often have dual part numbers, one for Triumph and one for BL, even though they were often manufactured by the same supplier

It is, at some time, my intent to archive the Marina Parts Manuals, but it is no small task.
                            MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Steve
                              There just so happens to be one on EBay as we speak Item Number 290609551592
                              Originally posted by SteveNewman View Post

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X