X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina Roadster Owners Group.

Steve: I have sent you a PM.

I don't know if you understand the system but at the top right of every forum page should look like this, with your name, not mine.

Notifications.JPG

Click on 'Notifications' and it will take you there.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Steve, I would like to look at your files on Bio Fuels via keepandshare. could you allow my userid (alan.tait6) to access your files, please? Thanks. Alan

Comment

PM sent
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Anybody need a good 4 speed Marina Gearbox? Off a Marina 1.8 series B engine. Am in Milton Keynes, so would have to have it shipped or buyer can collect.

Regards,

avid

Comment

Marina 1300 rear axle and leaf springs listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165089899400
            It's in the New Forest area

Comment

Originally posted by nightsurfer View Post
              Marina 1300 rear axle and leaf springs listed on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165089899400
              It's in the New Forest area
              The gold dust from that seller is the indicator stalks if they are in good condition.
              MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi Steve. I've tried to PM you about the Keep & Share information but it says your box is full.

Comment

Originally posted by donvarcoe View Post
                  Hi Steve. I've tried to PM you about the Keep & Share information but it says your box is full.
                  feel free to email me at [email protected]
                  MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Hi, I am a new member who has just purchased a nearly finished Marlin Roadster, It has had 4 owners in its long life but never been driven on the road. It is now finished and ready to go but of course it needs to be registered and tested. I really need some help on getting it through the IVA from anyone who has gone through the process. It is a morris Ital 1700 twin carb but I have no details of the donar car apart from the engine number. The Marlin plate has a VIN No. 2-01028 and ENG No. 038560. I think these relate to its construction date. I have some photos which I have tried to add. Any help gratefully received. Thanks Philip
                    Attached Files

Comment

Mark Olliver on the Marlin (kit car) Enthusiasts Facebook group has done it but I don't think he posts on here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to contact him through facebook. Just trying to navigate myself around the website.

Comment

Hi, How do I get hold of the Roadster build manual CD that is mentioned. Thanks

Comment

Is this still an active resource?

Comment

Originally posted by ;n114638
                              Hi, How do I get hold of the Roadster build manual CD that is mentioned. Thanks
                              If you are a Club member you can download all the build manuals from the Members Only section of the forum.

Comment

I wrote previously on trying to get a Roadster through the IVA. I realise there are quite a few significant problems such as exhaust emissions and external fittings that do not comply but the single most significant problem is that the seat belt mountigs are below the minimum requirement under the current EEC directive which is still used for the IVA. My potential solution is to fit a roll bar secured to the chassis at the point of the current seat belt fixings. This is an integral part of the chassis. The new seat belt securing points would attach to the roll bar at the correct height. I would like to know if other owners have fitted a roll bar and any experience they can share. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X