X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio and Hunter Group

For owners of all Cabrios (swb/lwb) with Ford running gear and engines
    To get there click "Community", (just under "What's New") use the drop down list to select "groups" and off you go. or...
    Click here to go to the group page

Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group

Well that's prompted me to finally stop lurking, stick my head above the parapet and actually post a message (Hello, everybody!)

What about us non-standard Cabrio types with Ford running gear and BMW or Rover engines? Can we join too?!

Comment

Mark, you have said what I was about to

Comment

Hello!

Im sure you will be most welcome in the group - Im a member simply because I have the 2.0 dohc which some cabrios have. So how is yours set up Mark?

Comment

Glad to read I wasn't the only one feeling left out

Mine's not set up at all at the moment - a bare chassis on trestles plus a big pile of parts... It did have a 1600 Pinto from the Sierra donor but it hasn't been on the road for years and I'm currently part way through a complete strip-down and rebuild. It'll be fitted with the BMW M50 engine from a 1994 325 when I'm done, very much inspired and informed by those on the Madabout Kitcars forum who've gone down the same or a similar path (I'm user 'mashtun' over on that forum, btw).

Comment

let's have some Pics Mark

Comment

Well here's some pictures of my Cabrio,danny 130 002.jpgdanny 130 014.jpgdanny 130 012.jpg
              Terry,

Comment

Terry, Is that a drip or a puddle under your car ?

Comment

LOL, pang there goes another rib, dry as a bone now.

Comment

Yeah cause its aready ran out and dried up.......................

Comment

Now, Now, your only jealous.

Comment

Do you have to fill the water back up after its run out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                          Glad to read I wasn't the only one feeling left out

Mine's not set up at all at the moment - a bare chassis on trestles plus a big pile of parts... It did have a 1600 Pinto from the Sierra donor but it hasn't been on the road for years and I'm currently part way through a complete strip-down and rebuild. It'll be fitted with the BMW M50 engine from a 1994 325 when I'm done, very much inspired and informed by those on the Madabout Kitcars forum who've gone down the same or a similar path (I'm user 'mashtun' over on that forum, btw).
                          Hi Mark

Have you taken offence and refused to join the "All Ford" group?

If I'm honest, I'm not convinced there is a need to differentiate between Cabrios: bar one, I believe they are all on Sierra chassis.
                          There are of course sub groups of engine /gearbox choice, principally Rover V8, and BMW 6s: but even then within the "All Ford" donor, the choice of engines will be quite wide - bog standard 1.6L through to V6 Cossies.

I guess there are around 20-25 Rover V8 Cabrios on the MOC membership? - and as for BMW power, I am aware of only 4 BMW M50 Cabrios, if you include Mark & myself (+ Chris Cunliffe + the original Marlin demonstrator) And a similar number of M20s?- I know of two for certain, but believe there may be a couple more (Ex - Peter Morris & Alan Hogg).

So is it worth creating sub groups?

Mike

Comment

] Hi, all, has anyone came up with way of fitting engine bay undertray/protecter for cabrio with bmw 2.5, just finshed full service and cambelt,, notice underneath very exsposed...pat

Comment

Originally posted by obnail View Post
                              ] Hi, all, has anyone came up with way of fitting engine bay undertray/protecter for cabrio with bmw 2.5, just finshed full service and cambelt,, notice underneath very exsposed...pat
                              My Hunter V8 sump and gearbox is pretty close to the ground You need to get used to driving around the nasty brown triangular plastic speed bumps! Peter.

Comment

Working...
                              X