Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: Cabrio and Hunter Group

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    regular forum contributor
    Hi Mike, now made up template one out of steel, bit of bending and welding, front mounting of 2 brackets is to 2 x bolts holding steering rack in place, and back 2 brackets to engine mount bolts, welding rigid sides and inner lenghths of strip steel to make more sturdy, will upload photo of completed test template when done...or template will become permanent...pat

2. #22 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obnail View Post
    Hi Mike, now made up template one out of steel, bit of bending and welding, front mounting of 2 brackets is to 2 x bolts holding steering rack in place, and back 2 brackets to engine mount bolts, welding rigid sides and inner lenghths of strip steel to make more sturdy, will upload photo of completed test template when done...or template will become permanent...pat
    Hi Pat. Not sure of the exact layout of your car but not sure that I would like to share mounting bolts with a steering rack etc. Worst case scenario in event of impact you could write off the rack too. For the sake of drilling wouldn't it be better to have the plate mounted independently? Peter.

3. #23 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Hi Pete/Mike, yes your right, now looking at rivet tapper screws to front and rear brackets to side of mount bracket...pat
    Last edited by obnail; 27-03-2015 at 11:53 AM.

4. #24 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Hi Pete, this is template rough to under car for protection...pls see picture, creating new fixing holes front member and rear holes to rear bracket frame and sides to protect oil filter....pat
    Attached Images
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 27-03-2015 at 07:07 PM.

5. #25 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obnail View Post
    Hi Pete, this is template rough to under car for protection...pls see picture, creating new fixing holes front member and rear holes to rear bracket frame and sides to protect oil filter....pat
    Looking good. Wonder about restriction to cooling airflow? Not sure what's behind it though? Also maybe a bit thin if you are attacking speed bumps?

I would be thinking either thick plate for contact sport with speed humps, or just stainless mesh for flying stones?

This is the "temporary" cover for my oil cooler which is pretty vulnerable, until I add the new extra cooling rad and casing under there! Peter

NEW OIL COOLER.jpg
    Last edited by cameronfurnival; 27-03-2015 at 07:07 PM.

6. #26 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Hi Pete, yes I think yours need that, ill probably put mesh in mine or small frill holes, its only to stop bits flying up to hit wheel and sump, due to swb ive still got reasonable clearance...pat

7. #27 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    frequent forum contributor
    wandering past a garage in Exmouth today noticed a dark green cabrio on a Q plate in for M.O.T any ideas who the owner is guys?

8. #28 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Hi members, I'm a returning member to the club after some 25 years having recently purchasing a Cabrio. Question I have is what do I do replacing the windscreen? (It has a crack so cant be repaired) AutoGlass have said take the frame out and send it to them and then they can do it. Marlin Sports told then they cant supply the glass anymore.
    Has anyone had the same issue and had the glass cut elsewhere? Appreciate any help you can offer.
    Terry at Marlin Cars is looking for the original cutting dimensions, if found I will add them for future reference.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeV8Cabrio; 03-07-2015 at 10:24 AM.

9. #29 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Moderator Club Member
    I have a brand new screen [not for sale!] that I can trace the profile if that helps.

10. #30 Re: Cabrio and Hunter Group 
    Hi there, thanks for the offer, I have removed the screen cover and made a template so should be OK now. Need to speak to autoglass if its all they need. For info I have created a CAD drawing of the glass and black painted area and sent to MarlinSports just in case anyone else has the same issue.CheersMike