Cosworth cabrio latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cosworth cabrio latest update

Thanks to everyone who voted the cabrio, best cabrio in show at stoneleigh Great day, great weather, great cars and great people can't wait for tomorrow )))))
    Attached Files

Comment

Well deserved Lee, the competition was hot too. Many people commented on the high standard of the cars so well done. And yes, great day, there was a bit of a buzz in the air like the old days.

Comment

Another little project started ........
        Attached Files

Comment

I know you said you were going to clean it, wow no wonder it takes 3 day to do.

Terry

Comment

O.C.D.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I have never been happy with the black wing pipping so decided to change to grey leather as per the same colour as the seats. Just need to do the other side now
              The gauges are finished and in just awaiting the dash top finished again in the same colour as the seats, never understood why it was black and the interior was grey.
              Attached Files

Comment

Another little niggle, I have changed the Amber indicator lenses to clear, the front lenses are Lucus 691 cut down to fit the indicators, the rears are std Lucus 691 and the side repeaters are Vauxhall nova lenses.
                The bulbs are chrome that flash orange sort no hint or orange.
                Attached Files

Comment

Decided to edge the side of the solid spare wheel cover with wing pipping, quite easy to do just glued it all the way round and it fills the gap nicely between the cover and the boot lid. Also finished changing the passenger side wing pipping.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Lee

Comment

The grey dash top installed today, fortunate I had a Spare unused alloy one and I covered that leaving the original one untouched.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Its a testament to your skill Lee, she keeps getting better and better...just a small change of wing piping makes such a difference and that dash top really brings it together. No steering wheel centre though ?

Comment

Ha ha Cameron you hawk eye you, I have a little something up my sleeve for the steering wheel now I have the instruments sorted.

Comment

Well now that the lakes weekend is out of the way, onto the next little job, most cabrio's have not got the best powder coating in the world and especially around the front bumper channel, support tubes front and back and the flat bar stays. So the plan is to reproduce these is stainless steel. I have got the tubes and flats bar, and my original plan for the front channel was to half a piece of stainless box but this would of proved too costly, so going to fold a channel myself out of flat stainless in he exact original dimensions.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Lee

This is Gerry Haines's Cabrio/Sportster hybrid showing the Sportster bumpers fitted back and front to a Cabrio chassis with Sportster front suspension and Sportster front and rear wings.
                              I love this car, and wished I had pushed Marlin more to get this front suspension set up.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

The back end looks much tighter than a Cabrio with these bumpers and Sportster finished rear wings. I think I will go down this route after IVA

DSC_0124.jpg

Mike
                              Last edited by Mike; 26-06-13, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X