Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted

Was it you, nice red roadster on the A59 driving though Harrogate, on the 15th at about 16:30.
    You looked to be enjoying yourself.
    Terry

Re: Spotted

Originally posted by terryreed1664 View Post
    Was it you, nice red roadster on the A59 driving though Harrogate, on the 15th at about 16:30.
    You looked to be enjoying yourself.
    Terry
    Hi Terry
    Yes, it was me. I had just fitted the 6 speed gearbox Bought from Chris Weddon recently and 15" MGF wheels and was taking her for a test run. I always seem to have a cheesy grin when i'm out in my Marlin. I am hoping to get to some meets now I can get a decent MPG and there is less stress on the Motor. I have a perfectly good Marina gearbox for sale if it is of use to anyone.
    Steve Lilley

Comment

Originally posted by stephenlilley View Post
      Hi Terry
      Yes, it was me. I had just fitted the 6 speed gearbox Bought from Chris Weddon recently and 15" MGF wheels and was taking her for a test run. I always seem to have a cheesy grin when i'm out in my Marlin. I am hoping to get to some meets now I can get a decent MPG and there is less stress on the Motor. I have a perfectly good Marina gearbox for sale if it is of use to anyone.
      Steve Lilley
      What is your 6 speed gearbox from Steve? And is it bolted to a Marina engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        What is your 6 speed gearbox from Steve? And is it bolted to a Marina engine?
        Hi Mike. Its a gearbox put together by Chris Weedon using a Marina gearbox with a Laycock overdrive from a dolomite boted to it. Apparently, its the same type of unit that the BL Rally team used in the 70s.It fitted straight on to my 1.8 Marina motor. I now have overdrive in 3rd and 4th reducing the revs by 25%. So now 4000 at 70mph is now 3000. Quite a difference!.
        Regards
        Steve

Comment

Hi Stephen, I heard you first, and then saw you heading west on the A59 to the roundabout where the A61 crosses.
          I was crossing the road to the fish and chip at the top of the hill when you went by, and yes you did have a large grin on your face (don't blame you one bit, jealous or what).
          Nice car.
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X