Which splines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which splines

I have bought a set of MGB wire wheels for my Marina based roadster but the splines I got with the wheels don't fit can any one advise me what splines to look out for.

Re: Which splines

Originally posted by mark.westbrookwhite View Post
    I have bought a set of MGB wire wheels for my Marina based roadster but the splines I got with the wheels don't fit can any one advise me what splines to look out for.
    Don't quote me on this but maybe Spitfire. One another note Mgb wheels are 14 inch, Mgc 15inch.I take it that you have bolt on adapters to take the wires?

Comment

You are right there "dogon" Spits or maybe M G,Midget should be a match although there are two types tapered and straight splines, the tapered being the best in my opinion....Cheers Chris.

Comment

Brilliant thanks guys I will see what I can find.

Comment

Set of Spitfire on e bay 190681150407 might be right.

Comment

Mark,
            I have been looking into doing the same thing.
            Research so far suggests that the Spitfire hubs have the same PCD as the Marina so should fit.
            What I can't decipher is how to establish if the wheels will fit under the wheelarches - is there an offset issue?
            How have you got on with fitting the MGB wheels?
            Cheers
            Jim

Comment

Mark

The Spitfire splined adaptors will fit the Marina hubs (same PCD) though you will need to check that the splined adaptor will fit over the dust cap/bearing on the front hubs. However you will need to check that the splined adaptors will fit your MGB wheels. The splines on the Spitfire had a reputation for wearing out, I think this was due to the splines being shorter and possibly the diameter of the adaptor being smaller (so fewer splines). It may be better to investigate having some new holes drilled in your MGB splined adators.

With regards to Jim's querry into offset the Spitfire wire wheels and adaptors replaced the original Triumph steel wheels which are interchanagle with standard Marina wheels (Some export Spitfires were fitted with Marina wheels!)

Regards

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X