Hi from Berkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Berkshire

Hi folks, I thought I would use my first post to introduce myself, I earn my crust as a field tutor/reserve manager at a nature reserve somewhere in Surrey.
    For years before that I was a mechanical engineer, in fact I am always restoring/designing/building/fixing things so I still keep my hand in with the heavy metal.

A year ago i took over someone elses 6 years project to restore a series land rover , this is now up and running so.......
    As I have always fancied the look of the Marlin I have got mrs rog interested in using one as her every day run around so here I am with lots of questions and requests for help. First I need to find the car...

Re: Hi from Berkshire

Welcome Rog and good luck with the hunt - let us know what it is you are looking for and how much you want to spend and I'm sure members will come to your help.
    Quite a few members down in your area so you wont be stuck for help/parts/an occasional pint even!

Comment

Hi rog welcome, the marlin owners club has such a wealth of knowledge and a friendly bunch too, what kind of car do you have in mind ? Unless you have a model in mind best to try them all first and I am sure there are members in our area who could do that. Or if I can help please contact me on 07720398794
      Regards
      Lee

Comment

Hi Rog, and welcome to the club, as Lee said there is a wealth of information within the club, so ask away.
        Terry

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, just a couple of days in and I have been given a few important pointers already!
          I will be asking more of you all I am sure.

Comment

As I am getting closer to becoming the owner of a berlinetta I decided to join the club...... now, as a paid up member should there be more areas of the forum available to me? I have read posts about pitstop online but cannot find it.

Any help appreciated
            Regards rog8811

Comment

Just click on to Forum at top of the screen, then scroll down the topics/menu till you find PITSTOP MAGAZINES in the members only section, then click on that then you will find all the pitstops produced over the years.
              Last edited by CABRIOBOB; 16-06-12, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I don't think my membership has been activated on the forums yet as the "members only section" and PITSTOP MAGAZINES are not showing for me, hopefully a moderator will hit the relevant button some time soon.

*EDIT* while I was posting this someone hit the relevant button, members forums are now showing, Thanks!
                Last edited by rog8811; 16-06-12, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X