Click here to sign up  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page

Thread: YKC Sierra Owners' group

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #1 YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    frequent forum contributor
    A new group for owners using sierra mechanics. Mostly the YKC branded cars but Cabrios and early Sportsters too. All welcome!
    There is a resource of pricelists and brochures - feel free to contribute if you wish.

2. #2 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    Club Member
    Hi everybody,
    Taking the opportunity to make my first post having seen this new group. I have just returned from a trip to Spain (Alicante/Murcia) region in my YKC Julietta. Really good trip and felt like a celebrity as the car was well admired by all. Plenty of comments - Guapo - Muy Bonito. Attachment 2227Attachment 2228
    Stewart Vickers
    Attached Images

3. #3 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    frequent forum contributor
    fabulous car Stewart! And what a trip - need someone to carry your bags next time? and of course all YKC owners should be celebrities

4. #4 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    Club Member
    Unfortunately I can't take the credit for the car. It was a works build that I acquired through Danny Nelson last year. Spent the winter tinkering and sorting out a few issues ready for the trip. You will have to fight the wife to carry the bags, she now thinks its the only way to travel.

5. #5 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member
    Hi Stewart,
    Good to see the car being used as it should.
    Best regards
    Danny.

6. #6 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    regular forum contributor PatrickBaggaley's Avatar
    This new group seems like a welcome addition. As a new YKC roadster owner, I'm not sure how many tweeks YKC made to the Roadster but I have a query specifically with the soft top attachment. Perhaps someone can help me. My YKC features a folding hood frame permanently attached to the body using marine fittings, and, presumably marine stainless tube. No problem with that, apart from the fact that, in my case at least, the mountings do not match the makers sprecifications for fitting, but, it works!

The soft top is attached to the screen by hooking a mounting bar/plate whatever, to which the soft top is attached, over the top of the windscreen. It looks very insecure and as though it will blow off at the slightest excuse. I see Morgans with turnbuckles on the windscreen top to secure the top and Cobras with side latches to secure the soft top mounting to the screen but haven't noticed anything on many roadsters. Therefore any comments or suggestions will be warmly welcome, as I don't know whether all roadster are the same or not and I don't want to find myself suddenly driving in the open air, trailing soft top down the road!

Patrick

7. #7 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    regular forum contributor
    Hi Stewart. It's good to see another Julietta. My factory built car is the same colour as yours. You dont know the paint spec do you? My wife also feels the same way as yours, but I don't think my car could carry enough of her luuggage for a trip to Spain.
    Best regards , Dave Flower.

8. #8 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    Club Member
    Hi Dave, I have got the original purchase invoice for the car which gives the colour as Empire 858 Pearlescent Blue. It is a Vauxhall/Isuzu colour. I purchased a spray can via the internet to use as a touch up. It is a perfect match.
    Regards ,Stewart Vickers

9. #9 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    regular forum contributor
    Thanks for that Stewart.
    Regards Dave Flower.

10. #10 Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group 
    frequent forum contributor Club Member b_caswell's Avatar
    Can any one help another YKC owner who has contacted me , he needs a replacement steering u/j that goes between the column and rack. What car/part number/ suggested supplier, Please.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!