This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKC Sierra Owners' group

A new group for owners using sierra mechanics. Mostly the YKC branded cars but Cabrios and early Sportsters too. All welcome!
    There is a resource of pricelists and brochures - feel free to contribute if you wish.

Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group

Hi everybody,
    Taking the opportunity to make my first post having seen this new group. I have just returned from a trip to Spain (Alicante/Murcia) region in my YKC Julietta. Really good trip and felt like a celebrity as the car was well admired by all. Plenty of comments - Guapo - Muy Bonito.
    Stewart Vickers
    Attached Files

Comment

fabulous car Stewart! And what a trip - need someone to carry your bags next time? and of course all YKC owners should be celebrities

Comment

Unfortunately I can't take the credit for the car. It was a works build that I acquired through Danny Nelson last year. Spent the winter tinkering and sorting out a few issues ready for the trip. You will have to fight the wife to carry the bags, she now thinks its the only way to travel.

Comment

Hi Stewart,
          Good to see the car being used as it should.
          Best regards
          Danny.

Comment

This new group seems like a welcome addition. As a new YKC roadster owner, I'm not sure how many tweeks YKC made to the Roadster but I have a query specifically with the soft top attachment. Perhaps someone can help me. My YKC features a folding hood frame permanently attached to the body using marine fittings, and, presumably marine stainless tube. No problem with that, apart from the fact that, in my case at least, the mountings do not match the makers sprecifications for fitting, but, it works!

The soft top is attached to the screen by hooking a mounting bar/plate whatever, to which the soft top is attached, over the top of the windscreen. It looks very insecure and as though it will blow off at the slightest excuse. I see Morgans with turnbuckles on the windscreen top to secure the top and Cobras with side latches to secure the soft top mounting to the screen but haven't noticed anything on many roadsters. Therefore any comments or suggestions will be warmly welcome, as I don't know whether all roadster are the same or not and I don't want to find myself suddenly driving in the open air, trailing soft top down the road!

Patrick

Comment

Hi Stewart. It's good to see another Julietta. My factory built car is the same colour as yours. You dont know the paint spec do you? My wife also feels the same way as yours, but I don't think my car could carry enough of her luuggage for a trip to Spain.
              Best regards , Dave Flower.

Comment

Hi Dave, I have got the original purchase invoice for the car which gives the colour as Empire 858 Pearlescent Blue. It is a Vauxhall/Isuzu colour. I purchased a spray can via the internet to use as a touch up. It is a perfect match.
                Regards ,Stewart Vickers

Comment

Thanks for that Stewart.
                  Regards Dave Flower.

Comment

Can any one help another YKC owner who has contacted me , he needs a replacement steering u/j that goes between the column and rack. What car/part number/ suggested supplier, Please.
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben, The UJ used on the Cabrio (Sierra steering and Sierra rack) is Leyland part no 145377 or Brown brothers part no PSSC1113. I am certain it can only be the same on the Sierra based YKC.
                      Danny.

Comment

Hi Danny, thanks for thatGeoffrey says hello!
                        Last edited by b_caswell; 17-09-13, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Hello there Ben, I don't know whether Danny mentioned that I might go to Donnington, unfortunately something came up that changed my plans.
                          However to the point of the response the UJ joint is the standard Sierra part and the original shaft was just lengthened this could be done by YKC but I did my own - The joint is available from Car Builder Solutions

One-stop shop for Kit Car and Classic Car Parts, Kit Car repairs and painting. Tools and Accessories for the Kit Car and Classic Car Enthusiast.

PRESSED STEEL UNIVERSAL JOINT WITH FORD SIERRA TRIANGLE END
                          One end has the popular 14mm (9/16") x 36 female spline and the other end will accept a
                          triangular shaft as on Ford Sierra columns.
                          Overall length 120mm x 60mm maximum rotating diameter.
                          M8 thread in 'V'd section clamp. Weight 535 gmsp>
                          PRESSED STEEL UNIVERSAL JOINT WITH FORD SIERRA TRIANGLE END #UJP3

Ihope this helps
                          Michael
                          YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

yep - what Danny and Michael said

Comment

It still seems there is more than one option as different builders went different ways so when I find out which one it has I will report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X