This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YKC Sierra Owners' group

Ben did your contact get a result, as I had no reply to my suggestion.
    Assuming it arrived with you , I can't see it!
    Michael
    YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Hi Michael......His joint seems to be the short cast one...Its a case of the guy who has the car has someone looking at the problem for him and as it was a warning on the recent MOT it will be a job for the future. If the CBS item is not the correct one he has the option of a nearby company that actually makes these things.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

looks like a great road trip. you can't beat fresh air motoring when the weathers right. i'm currently waiting for my insurance broker to confirm my new car's insured so i can go and collect it. i'm living in the dordogne region of france and we're having a nice spell of weather that i hope will continue for a few more weeks so i can sort out any problems i find (always some, aren't there).
        Romero-C438-TMO.jpg
        does anyone recognise this car? reg no C438TMO declared new in 1985 but 1st reg 1999? i'd love to find out some of it's history.

Comment

Hi Can anyone assist with a "YKC" grill or front body badge?, Peter Dutton

Comment

Unfortunately its unlikely any still exist. However, you can use a company like coppers https://www.madebycooper.co.uk/produ...ist/car-badges to get one made (other people about too, like fattorini - i guess google is your friend here). If you can get in touch with Steve Himsworth (he's on this site) he may know if any still exist from the original tooling.

Comment

I did have a unused YKC grille badge that I passed on to Danny, it was a year or two ago so don't know if he still has it ?

Comment

Hi Alan, I dont usually keep my car a year, so a badge has little chance"

Comment

I will keep googling, thanks for your advice, Peter

Comment

Hi Patrick
                    I hope you have put your mind at ease with the soft top and still own the car?
                    I can confirm that at 70 mph and in strong winds it stays in place!

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X