Boot rack for cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot rack for cabrio

Has anyone fitted a boot rack to a Cabrio?
    There are plenty of after market boot/luggage racks available, but i am not sure what to go for. I do not want to drill the boot area and have an idea on holding the rack in place useing the spare wheel.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Mike

Re: Boot rack for cabrio

Hi Mike, Marlin have the the boot racks made, as seen on all Hunters and many Cabrios. The last price was£180 plus post etc, but they only have them made when they have enough orders to make up a sensible number. However I know of one of these racks that is available if you are interested contact me for details.
    Danny.

Comment

Hi Mike
      Hopefully Danny could help with a rack!
      I Spoke to Mark of Marlin at the Exeter show back in November and he said he could only supply the version as fitted to the Sportster which I was not keen on anyway.
      I recently designed a rack shape that I was happy with in 15mm copper pipe and joints from the plumbers and then took it to the guys who id my Stainless exhaust and they copied it in Stainless polished tubing
      I don't have an opening boot so mine is hinged to give me access to the spare wheel,I note you do not want to drill the boot but I guess you could use your own idea for fitting
      The copper bits and bobs ain't cheap anymore so if you were interested you could have my pattern one to modify etc for the cost of postage or I live on the Blackdown Hills near Hemyock and work in Taunton if you are passing!!
      Struggling to upload photos at the mo so will try again tomorrow if you wish?
      Regards
      Bryan
      Stapley Bryan

Comment

Photos attached hopefully
        Cheers
        Bryan
        Attached Files
        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Lovely job Bryan
          Rgds DC

Comment

Yes, really nice.
            Terry

Comment

Hi Bryan,
              I like the look of that, its nicely shaped. I might be in contact re your kind offer.
              I am away for a few days but will let you know when i get back. Thanks for the help. Regards Mike.

Comment

Hi Mike
                Will pm you
                Stapley Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X