1800 Marina TC EXhaust Manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1800 Marina TC EXhaust Manifold

Well thanks to so many speed humps where I live the horizontal end of my manifold has all but gone leaving nowt to stick a silencer on. Anyone got a psare or suggestions as I seem to recall the MGB LCB is no good or was that just an issue with mechanical fuel pumps?

ta

Peter

Re: 1800 Marina TC EXhaust Manifold

Peter
    I suspect the LCB fouled the standard Marina fuel pump...or did a good job of cooking it. If you have an electric pump mounted elsewhere you might be OK.
    I have a spare TC exhaust manifold if you are interested...drop me a PM if so.

Jez
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

I have heard tell that an MGB extractor manifold, or complete manifold/exhaust actually end up with the main pipe lower than a Marina?
      There are several different MGB extractors, with different profiles, some like the Peco LCB are swept back and will be much further from the fuel pump than standard.

I am unsure of the flange height of the standard Marina/MGb manifolds, they look the same, but I have not measured.

The Marina 1.8TC exhaust manifold has additional mounts supporting the inlet manifold. I have often wondered what function they have, apart from transfering heat from the exhaust to inlet.

It's a shame that the build manuals offer very little help.

Jez's offer sounds a good one. Marina manifolds are getting rare.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Cheers Jez - have emailed you ta

Peter

Comment

Cheers Steve - yes I think youre right about height as mine appears to have had some cut and shut welds at the bottom of the downpipes etc

Many thanks

Peter

Comment

Yes the MGB item would have sat too low but a Landover pal who does off roading had th epipe benders to knock up a new pipe running from the lower end of th eexisting LCB thankfully

Here's a response I got later from an exhaust fella in Wales

Yes that would be a bit of a trek. I would say about £400 + vat for a stainless steel system with lcb manifold. I will still need a car to make it on and then will have to make a set of jigs. The club would have to pay for the jigs but if so would have sole rights to systems.
            Regards Glyn Edwards.

-----Original Message-----
            To: Glynedspeed <[email protected]>
            Sent: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:50
            Subject: RE: Glyn Edwards Classic Vehicle Services: Marina 1800 TC
            HI Glyn – I’m near Heathrow so a bit of a way but quite understand

Any rough idea of what it would cost to fit a bespoke system from engine as an lcb and a short side exit exhaust

Also Marlin club may be looking to get a batch made I believe

Comment

Working...
            X