SU starvation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SU starvation?

I have a roadster with a series b Marina 1800 with (Apparently) dolomite SUs . These have just been totally refurbed but I now have a problem. When I go round a left hand bend, It almost cuts out. I have fitted an electronic fuel pump to see if that was the cause. It still happens. It feels like fuel starvation but on a straight run its fine and pulls well. Any ideas?
    Great to meet up at the Newark show.
    Steve Lilley

Re: SU starvation?

this sounds like the old water in fuel problem that used to be a pig to cure in the olden days. I had it on an old What would happen would be that a blob of water would get sucked up from the tank and settle on the bottom of the fuel bowl and then get into the little pipe. On a left-hand bend th water gets into the jet and causes it to cut out for a second or two. Seriously! I bet its some watery crud in there!

Comment

Thanks Cameron, That sounds very likely as the car was outside for a few days in the pouring rain with an ill fitting petrol cap which I have now replaced.
      I'll clean it all out and see how it goes
      Thanks again
      Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, We spoke at Newark yesterday to prove Camerons theory try pumping a cup full of fuel into a clean jam jar and let it stand, you will see the water as a bead at the bottom.

Ref your cars history, not a lot but have PM you what there is.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
        X