Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wiring loom question (from a ford sierra)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring loom question (from a ford sierra)

hi guys

i wonder if you could help me with a ford sierra wiring problem i have.

i am putting a sierra wiring loom into my berlinetta.

i need to change some of the fusebox and relay parts, namely the female crimps the fuses push into and the female parts the relays push into because they are corroded.

have you any idea where i could buy some ??? or what they are called or even what they look like, i dont want to pull them out and break them, just in case i really cant find any replacements.

any help would be really appreciated

thanks
    terry

Re: Wiring question, re ford sierra loom

Hi Terry I have a used sierra fusebox lying around doing nothing if you want it? You might be able to get the bits you need form it or re-use it - I also have a fair bit of wiring left on it so you could splice bits in if you wanted to. HOwever if you want to hanf the fuses and relays directly from the loom then you just need 6mm female spades - see "vehicle wiring products" or similar.

Comment

Re: wiring loom question (from a ford sierra)

Why not use the Sierra items as attached?
      Danny.

Comment

Sorry do you mean the ones that you wish to use on the Sierra loom need to be replaced? If you are changing from Cortina loom you may find you would benefit by using a tailor made loom with all new fuse box, relay supports etc, The Sierra loom is a huge thing and you would not be using very much of it anyway, and you would still have to adjust lengths etc.
        Danny.

Comment

it would be a pain to change a Berli from a Cortina loom to a Sierra loom. If you are going to all that work then how about starting afresh with a CBS relay/fuse board and obtaining connectors and cable from Vehicle Wiring Spares?
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

h, thanks for the reply,
            My Berlinetta is still being built and currently i was putting a Capri loom in, but it is a bit of a mess, i have sierra loom , but some of the crimps in the fuse and relay box need changing cos they are corroded.
            i know i need some female spades but the relay spades and the fuse spades are differant .
            having had a huge helpful response to this from this and other forums i think i am about there, when i find out the exact parts shall post the info here.#
            thanks

Comment

hi, thanks danny for the reply,
              My Berlinetta is still being built and currently i was putting a Capri loom in, but it is a bit of a mess, i have sierra loom , but some of the crimps in the fuse and relay box need changing cos they are corroded.
              the reason for using the sierra loom is the potential for adding , fog lights, additional driving lights etc etc is already built into the box so it seemed a good option, better than the capri
              having had a huge helpful response to this from this and other forums i think i am about there, when i find out the exact parts shall post the info here.#
              thanks.
              by the way i bought this car 11 years ago, half built it, divorce made me sell it to a guy in newcastle (i live down south in Gatwick) last year he decided to sell it so i bought it back, now i am trying t get it built to pass the IVA test, is there any MAJOR hurdles you can see getting a Berlinetta through the IVA test ??
              if you prefer to ring my no is 01293 862601
              Thanks
              terry

Comment

h, thanks for the reply,
                i did have a cortina loom but some dipstick disconnected from the original car with side cutters, so it was a loom with no connectors, the engine and gearbox came from a capri, so i started down the capri loom roote, but the sierra loom is more flexible for future additions, hence thats where i am now
                i know i need some female spades but the relay spades and the fuse spades are differant .
                by the way i cant find the website address for Vehicle Wiring Spares, any ideas.
                thanks terry

Comment

Try ://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/connectors/multiconnectors.php
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

hi, thanks for the reply, i have had loads of suggestions, i need to work out a plan
                    thanks again

Comment

hi cameron
                      not sure i am using this forum properly, i dont know if my reply to you goes out to the world or just you, if people are good enough to answer a question , i do feel obliged to reply, sometimes its helpful everybody sees it, sometimes it isnt.
                      so, thanks very much, i would like to take up your offer of the fusebox and wiring, how much for the parts and postage, i could pay you by pay pal, or any other means ok to you.
                      my e mail address is terryscott.ams at gmail.com

thanks again
                      Last edited by cameronfurnival; 25-06-12, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hi Terry - I have pmd you

Comment

Working...
                        X