Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Weybridge

Evening all,

I joined a while back as I intend to purchase a cabrio or roadster in the not too distant future (probably when prices calm down after the summer!)

I'm just doing a bit of reading up at the moment while I pay off my recent wedding and put some money aside. I'm also keen to see any pics of the marina front suspension as I'm considering converting to cycle wings on the front and this seems the most common fitment (certainly in my budget!)

Anyway, just saying hi really...

Tony

Re: Hello from Weybridge

Hi tony welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay, any advice you need just ask
    Regards
    Lee

Comment

HI Tony - welcome to the forum Im sure you will find many people on here who can help you with whatever you need. The roadster would be intersting to see with cycle wings - and I bet someone has already done it so will be able to give you all the advice. Enjoy your stay

Comment

On a Triumph based car, but not a million miles away from a Marina

MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

These are not great pics I am afraid but you can make out the Marina running gear.

Good luck Mark.
          Attached Files

Comment

thanks for those.

the Triumph front suspension is quite a bit tidier without the wings. How different are the two chasses/chassises(?), would it be possible/easy to fit the triumph (or cortina etc) suspension to a marina chassis?

thanks again, hopefully it won't be long until I'm playing with one!

Tony

Comment

Chassis are quite different, apart from suspension configuration Triumph steering rack is infront of the axle line, Marina behind.

MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Marina based, front suspensions - hope they help, and welcome
                Rgds DC
                Attached Files

Comment

I have seen several Marina based roadsters with cycle wings over the years, and although they do not look as tidy as they do on Triumph models with double wishbones they are fine. If my memory serves me correctly a Marina based model with cycle wings won the best modified trophy at Stoneleigh a few years back and a very nice car it was. Removing the running board return from the back wing and working on the finished shape is more important unless you are going to replace these with individual items?
                  Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by danny.nelson View Post
                    I have seen several Marina based roadsters with cycle wings over the years, and although they do not look as tidy as they do on Triumph models with double wishbones they are fine. If my memory serves me correctly a Marina based model with cycle wings won the best modified trophy at Stoneleigh a few years back and a very nice car it was. Removing the running board return from the back wing and working on the finished shape is more important unless you are going to replace these with individual items?
                    Danny.
                    Hi again everyone,

bit of a hiatus as any purchase is likely to be some time away... Thanks for the informative replies! They've convinced me that Marina suspension would be visually acceptable, but also raised another concern - does the rearward steering rack on Marina based cars cause problems fitting larger engines?

I'm not familiar enough with the cars to know what you're referring to Danny, although I was considering cycle wings for the rear too, smoothing/blending any unsightly leftovers. I have a vision in my head that consists of a hot-rod, salt-flat racer influenced car that can actually go round corners and has some level of comfort... Hopefully scratching my v8 itch in the process! Don't want to give too much away yet though

Once again, thanks for your help and hopefully I'll be sniffing around with some money soon!

Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,
                      I live in Shepperton and drive a LWB Cabrio, feel free to contact me anytime on [email protected].
                      Cheers
                      Stewaer

Comment

Working...
                      X