Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum unit for a 48D4 dizzy

Hi

I've been given a used 48d4 distributor that hasn't been used for several years and I suspect that the vacuum unit my not be up to par! Can anyone suggest where I might get a replacement vacuum - new or used but pretty sure is in good working order. I've been struggling with a new A Series Spares electronic dizzy but, despite returning it to them three times now, it still leaks oil into the dizzy body. The seal keeps failing. I've just about given up on them to resolve the problem and I'm reverting to a standard dizzy.

Thanks

Alan

Re: Vacuum unit for a 48D4 dizzy

I did a 25D dizzy at http://www.fastmarinamagazine.com/in...ic.php&p=34596

The same method might work for you.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Try 'Distributor Doctor' on internet

Comment

If its any help both my son for his classic Mini and I for my MGB engined roadster bought electronic distributors from
        www.simonbbc.com Good value good service and they work brilliantly my son has been using his for two years without a peep out of it on a car he was always messing around with the points on before.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X