Cabrio Vulcan Head on 2000 Pinto Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabrio Vulcan Head on 2000 Pinto Engine

Has anyone any experience of Vulcan heads on Pinto 2000cc engines.
    Reg Biddlecombe cannot get his Cabrio to run well.
    He is on '01407 710 812.

Re: Cabrio Vulcan Head on 2000 Pinto Engine

Bob jackson is your man !!!!!!

Comment

Re: Cabrio Vulcan Head on 2000 Pinto Engine

Hi, I have a Vulcan Maxiflo head on my 2.1 Pinto. They come in a few flavours; mine has slightly larger inlet valves than standard. It really depends on which cam you have. The head works well with a Kent FR30 or FR 31. I have the FR30 which gives better torque at lower rpm due to it's greater valve lift that Pintos like. Do you knbow which cam it has? this will need to be timed in perfectly for good performance.

The head breathes a lot better than the standard Ford one so rejetting of the Standard Weber carb is vital. I have gone EFi on mine but it required adjustments to the AFM, fuel pressure and timing.

Pay close attention to the sequencing of the primary and secondary chokes and make sure that the acceleration pump is functioning properly. a decent air filter helps too.

Start the timing at about 30° BTDC at 4000 rpm and work up towards 38° to 40° which is the maximum for a mildly tuned Pinto. Electronic ignition is a must for this head. I use the Ford EEC IV but lumenition or suchlike works fine.

Finally I was using the standard Sierra 2 litre exhaust manifold. This strangles the Maxiflo head. I have an RS 2000 manifold now which is much better. The ideal manifold for this head as recommended by Vulcan is the Ashley, bunch of bananas type; 4:2:1.

A bit of tweaking will produce good results from the Vulcan set up. Steve at Vulcan is always happy, despite his busy schedule, to give advice. The contact address is on the Vulcan web site.

Good luck with it!
      Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 19-07-12, 11:38 AM. Reason: Mroe spooling mastikes
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
      X