compomotive wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compomotive wheels

Hi, I've been trying to tidy up the wheels on the Roadster and am wondering, has anybody any suggestions for removing the old flaky varnish the makers insist on using to cover the alloy. Cheers, Gareth.

Re: compomotive wheels

Perhaps not the reply you were looking for but I have used a company in Preston who strip and clean almost anything, if you are interested I will check out their contact details. They have stripped and cleaned a BMW engine among other stuff for me, the work was first class and the parts looked like new. Paint, carbon, corrosion, oil and muck, they clean it all off and not too expensive either, considering. They use big dip tanks and industrial chemicals.

This IS the company and still seem to offer a similar service... http://www.paint-strip.co.uk

A Google Streetview Image of the works.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert in Cumbria; 03-08-12, 08:13 AM. Reason: To correct statement and add image

Comment

Cheers Robert,
      Since posting this thread, someone has told me about a place in Buckley, nearer Chester, so I'll take the car up there for a quote. I've got all the loose
      coating off the edge of the webbing on the rims and given the bare metal a bit of a polish. Looks so much better now. Gareth.

Comment

Hi Gareth, I would be amazed if there isn't something down there with all the aerospace and industry close by.

I have spent quite a bit of time in that area have worked at Queensferry and have several friends in the area. I visit Ness gardens quite often too.

Good luck with the wheels!

Comment

Working...
        X