Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Temperature

In desperation to cool my car, and at vast expense, I got a custom aluminium rad made (Viva copy) - to my delight it made absolutely no difference. The thing that finally did the trick for me was getting rid of the mechanical water pump and fitting a Craig Davies electric water pump and digital controller. The gauge now stays in the middle whatever the weather, not cheap though.

Comment

That's a pretty radical cure Chris. But if needs must. Probably easier to fit to a Zetec.
      The alloy Civic rad is from a 1.6 engined car, being 'race' spec http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINUM-R...item43a62e2f03 it might have the necessary capacity for a 1.8 B series, but its only been done twice to my knowledge and yet put to a real summer test.

Comment

Originally posted by mark.westbrookwhite View Post
        OK so I have given up The 10mile drive to the Old Warden show on Sunday proved it 110 Deg. on the dial so the rad came out on Monday the new Civic rad is due today lets hope it turns up and my boy and I can sort out some brackets to put it in (My lad wants to use cable ties if we can't) If all goes well we are booked into the Cranleigh show on Sunday so I hope to see some of you there!!!!!
        Civic Rad????

Tell me more.

Adrian

Comment

Well the civic rad took me to Cranleigh and back in some exceptional heat and the gage never went over 105 and most of the time it was at 95deg. I would recommend this rad as a replacement for the viva reasonably cheep too.
          By the way thanks to Ben for the shelter.

Comment

Hi Mark

Glad to see you, hope you and your son enjoyed the day. Even my car was pushing the needle higher than normal. It was hot wasnt it. Well when it wasnt raining that is.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
            X