Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a Marina 1300 engine and gearbox please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a Marina 1300 engine and gearbox please?

I am looking for a tired or non running 1300 ('A' Series 1275cc) Marina engine and gearbox so I can make up the engine mountings for my Roadster. The original mountings had been removed by the original owner.

I do have an engine and gearbox in my other Marlin Roadster but can not touch them until the car has been inspected by DVLA as part of my application for a new V5c. That may take 6 weeks... I want to move on with the basic preparation of the hybrid chassis before the autumn weather and dark evenings close in. All my work has to be done outside because I have no garage.

Even a bare block and worn out/broken gearbox would do, I can access a head although I don't even need a head or sump to create the engine mountings.

Hoping somebody might have one under a bench or in a shed, having replaced it with something more powerful?

Even a borrow would do?

I have tried to join the 'Fast Marina' forum but after two days they haven't even acknowledged my application, or eMail enquiry.
    Last edited by Robert in Cumbria; 05-08-12, 07:24 AM.

Re: Does anyone have a Marina 1300 engine and gearbox please?

If you let the right people know, miracles can happen.
    Your registration with fastmarina is now authorised so you should have access.

If there is anything I can do to help over there, let me know.

I think they are all busy setting up for a BLMC rally in Peterborough.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I replied to your other thread!

Will take a look.

I just want to get moving with this I had hoped to have it ready for Easter 2013 but I think that may be optimistic now...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert in Cumbria View Post

I tried to join the 'Fast Marina' forum but after two days they haven't even acknowledged my application, or eMail enquiry.
        Update:

Thanks to Steve Green and Ben Clayton my Fast Marina Forum access is established. It seems somehow the system had not issued authorisation eMails, I have come across this before on a forum I help run. I may also bear some of the blame because I use a lot of beta software, that may also have been a factor.

Whatever the cause the issue is resolved now.

Comment

Working...
        X