Roadster i started many years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster i started many years ago

I am just curious to find out if a roadster i started to build many years ago was ever finished and put on the road. It was a marina based car that was partially painted dark blue. I fitted a alternate rear body with stainless steel rear quarter sections that was rather squared off. It had a built in rear trunk in grey with grey upholstery. The car had lots of stainless steel hand made fittings that i spent many months making including a set of double bar bumpers in stainless. I had done lots of work on the car with the fittings so it would make it quite distinctive. Any information would be helpfull

Re: Roadster i started many years ago

Do you know what the kit chassis number was ?
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

No sory, dont know the number, it is a very distinctive car tho and if it ever was finished and goes to shows i am sure someone would remember it. I sold it to a friend who wnated to finish it but had too much on so he said he sold it unfinished to a school in scotland were they were going to get students to finish it but i have never seen any more of it.

Comment

How about
        Q952 XUX different back.jpg
        It certainly has a different back but cant see double bar bumpers.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks for the picture but that is not the one. I am sure someone must have seen it finished

Comment

Working...
          X