General spec Q's........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General spec Q's........

Hi ,As I explained in my intro ,I need some info..........
    Im looking at getting a Roadster,(but only cos the Berlinettas seem to be more expensive.)
    Do the cars with the B series mgb engines always have Marina front suspension?
    What axle do they have,and is the diff ratio about right?
    Whats the likelyhood of finding a Ford powered/suspended Roadster?

Does the roadster have a hardtop option?
    Last edited by Radso; 02-09-12, 01:44 PM.

Re: General spec Q's........

The Marlin roadster comes in a few modes:- First is the Mk1 with all Triumph suspension most originally used 4 or 6 cyl Triumph engines but some use Alfa Romeo twin cam and other engines have also been squeezed in.
    Mk 2 uses Marina/ Ital suspension and would normally use Marina 1.3 - 1.8(or Mgb) or O series OHC engines but various other engines including zetec. There is also a Mk2 hybrid that uses the Triumph front suspension and Marina rear. Most popular engine being the straight six although even the rover V8 has been shoe horned into a few. Then there is a later YKC roadster that uses modified Sierra suspension and various engines such as Pinto DOHC or the EFi Montego engine and Rover Box. However this later spec car is few and far between and normally top price.

Axle ratios tend to be on the short side but would depend on the diff fitted and a possible overdrive or 5 speed box.
    Last edited by b_caswell; 02-09-12, 09:27 PM.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Re: General spec Q's........

ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X