Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 123 Ignition

Hi,
    Having ignition trouble currently with BL B series engine. Does anyone have experience with 123 Ignition systems ?

Re: 123 Ignition

Not specifically but almost any electronic ignition from the £30.00 eBay versions upwards will make a massive difference.
    The 123 programmable versions look good especially if you have changed the engine in any way, like fitting an uprated camshaft etc.

Comment

Re: 123 Ignition

I have had a 123 unit fitted on my B series car for a couple of months. Not done many miles yet but there is no doubt it is nicely engineered and the car is running well with it.

I had a magnetronic unit in my old distributor, but of course the diference with the 123 unit it is that it is a brand new complete distributor. You also get to change the advance curve with a simple switch if needed - mine was setup on a local rolling road so I must admit I left the choice of curve to them.

I have in the past had cheap ebay complete distributors and cheap electronic ignition modules both are no longer on the car which says a lot. I suspect if you can get a good original distributor and fit a magnetronic in it you will be near the 123, but how many good original units are available and most after market replacements are chinese rubbish.

Guess the short answer is not the cheapest but very good quality and a complete new unit. Not regretted spending the money on it so far.
      Last edited by andy4; 11-10-12, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X