Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Front Wing Height on hybrid chassis

Originally posted by Robert in Cumbria View Post
    Mike, Do you have an eMail address, I rang them this morning and ............. Lisa was very hard to understand
    Hi Robert

We have a strange accent out here in the East Midlands! They are based only 4-5 miles from where I live!
    Sorry I do not have the email address, but I will PM Jason Cundall who I presume will have, and ask him to forward it to you.
    regards
    Mike

Comment

Robert

can you access the Madabout kitcars site?
      Jason started a thread, which you may find helpful:

Sill Plates Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Mike

Comment

I needed an interpreter! LOL

I may have succeeded the third eMail I sent hasn't bounced.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Hi Robert

We have a strange accent out here in the East Midlands! They are based only 4-5 miles from where I live!
        Sorry I do not have the email address, but I will PM Jason Cundall who I presume will have, and ask him to forward it to you.
        regards
        Mike

Comment

Yes, I had a look, very impressive. I am wondering if their panel will be sturdy enough for what I intend. It will be THE sill, not stuck onto an existing sill.

Some way off that stage anyway. I have plenty stainless sheet, will bear it on mind.

While on the subject of Logo's and going even further off topic!!!

I had been playing last week. I have the offer of some free sweatshirts for myself and the two boys, with an embroidered logo of my own design. I did a friend a favour sorting his Landrover for it's test... He runs a family embroidery business.

I came up with several designs which are editable, in fact I like the Marlin logo with the grey nut and the curved 'Nutter'. They would be about three inches across. The more usable are below:

Marlin Nutter 2.jpg

Marlin Nutters 1.jpg

What do you think?

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Robert

can you access the Madabout kitcars site?
          Jason started a thread, which you may find helpful:

Sill Plates Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Mike

Comment

The wings and all the front bodywork is completed!

One or two details to finish but substantially the front bodywork is done. I mounted the hockey stick brackets on the suspension towers, with two 8mm stainless Cap Screws, reasonably neat and quite strong. I have put three large flat washers under the wings on each bracket bolt, partly to lift the wing off the bracket to clear the depression caused by the side lamp, but also to provide for a little adjustment for the angle of the wing top in the future.

I have started on the screen base and dashboard area now.

Comment

Robert,

I used a string drawn under the chassis and both cars seem to be straight as far as I can tell grovelling under the wing.
              Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben!

Sorry you had to grovel!

Perhaps my chassis has had some rough handling? I notice the front bumper is bent back slightly at the o/s. The main thing is it isn't twisted.

Comment

Working...
                X