Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members Marlin Roadster

Hi folks,

I recently bought a Marlin Roadster based on a Marina 1800 TC. It was built in 1987 and only covered about 6000 miles before being stored for the past 8 years. I got it from the guy who originally built it and it seems to have been well put together. However after 8 years of no movement at all it has taken me a few weeks to bring it back to life. Fuel tank was rotted through, clutch seized, brakes binding, water pump seized, tyres perished and all electrical connections corroded etc. etc..... Having got it all working and with a new MOT it runs really well. It's got a good soft top with side screens but these seem more trouble than they're worth. I can't see the point of an open top car with a roof on!. But. The wind buffetting at over 60 is so bad I have to wear a crash helmet. I've seen a few pics of "quarter lights". Are these commercially available or do I just make something up? Also the seats (which I think are the factory supplied originals) could do wiith being replaced with something a bit more comfy and preferably with a headrest but the space is so limited. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie

Re: New members Marlin Roadster

Hi Eddie first off all welcome to the club, have got a lwb or swb car ? And what year as early cars had wider tunnels than the later cars. You can get a range of seats in. Will up load some pictures tomorrow when on pc. As for side screens lots of cars have the elephant ears type but for best results full rigid screens work best made out of Perspex again will upload you some pictures.

Comment

Hi Eddie,

Personally, I think my quarter lights are not worth the trouble - I don't think they achieve very much. Other folks might disagree. One of the things that folk have been experimenting with are mesh screen s behind your head (a la modern sports cars) perhaps they can comment here

(BTW - I know Lee doesn't mean Perspex, don't use it, get polycarbonate - it is dearer but doesn't shatter like perspex)

Comment

Just some cars to give you a idea, hope they are ok
        Attached Files

Comment

And another
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keithh View Post
            Hi Eddie,

Personally, I think my quarter lights are not worth the trouble - I don't think they achieve very much. Other folks might disagree. One of the things that folk have been experimenting with are mesh screen s behind your head (a la modern sports cars) perhaps they can comment here

(BTW - I know Lee doesn't mean Perspex, don't use it, get polycarbonate - it is dearer but doesn't shatter like perspex)
            Have a look at my post (link below) which describes fitting an MGF windstop to my Cabrio (Hunter). Not sure of the roadster dimensions but it may be of help. Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X