Sportster Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportster Conversion

Thanks Steve, they look nice, if a tad dear! Interesting to incorporate the indicators. Ed

Comment

Very nice Neil. Did you notice any differences in performance? Are there any stone or splash issues? The unsprung weight will increase a bit, but I guess it won't make any significant difference. Interesting to see that you have efi on the Triumph engine. Was that tricky? Ed

Comment

Cycle wings seem to improve the high speed stability somewhat, yep, more stone chips & splashes. No noticeable difference with a slight increase in unsprung weight.

EFI is based on a Bosch L Jetronic system that came from an 1800 Opel Manta. Hacked round a twin carb manifold to fit the injector mounts and machined up a plenum chamber from a lump of alloy. An old mate remapped the ECU for me.

Must have been done around 15 years ago now, put the carbs back on at one point but very soon took them off & sold them on eBay !.

Much better idle, economy & performance. Also remarkably low CO emissions for a 1950's design of engine !.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Trimar View Post
          Very nice Neil. Did you notice any differences in performance? Are there any stone or splash issues? The unsprung weight will increase a bit, but I guess it won't make any significant difference. Interesting to see that you have efi on the Triumph engine. Was that tricky? Ed
          Trimar
          How have you 'seen' Neil has fitted EFi? There appears to be no photo in this thread, and Neil does not have any Gallery photos, so have I missed something? - Always keen to learn!
          Mike

Comment

It mentions the EFI in his signature :-)

Comment

Working...
            X