Turned stainless steel flat panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned stainless steel flat panels

I am getting a quotation for the above for above S/S pannel (1mm thick)for dash board if any one is interested we could a discount moren that one.

Re: Turned stainless steel flat panels

Message originally posted by: Chris Day
    Paul
    I would be interested in a stainless dash panel if there is still time.

Comment

Hello Chris,
      Nice to hear that some one read the message, I visted the manufacture about 3 weeks ago.

He can make the sheets in 0.9mm stainless sheet in the following sizes:
      No1: 48" x 10" (at) ?240.00
      No2: 48" x 12" (at) ?280:00
      both plus VAT

Both are hand made on a small plier drill by hand using valve cutting paste and a wet dry.
      I have attached a web page on turning stainless steel.

I am looking for information on making the decorative surface "engine turning" on aluminum sheet, the swirling circles which overlap to make an interesting pattern, like those found on dashboards, carparts, and some aircraft. Do you have info and/or materials to accomplish this? George Manthe The Tinman Respondeth: George, Got a drill press? A wooden dowell of nearly the diameter of the swirl you want to make? Some 320 sandpaper? Light machine oil? OK, then... Put dowell in drillpress, and tighten chuck in two places. Cut sandpaper into squares with sides longer than dia. of dowell. Choose a slow speed on the drill press, oil the sheet, put sandpaper square face down on sheet, lower spinning arbor to engage paper, hold lightly against sheet for 3 seconds, and raise arbor to see the swirl. Ultimately, you will fuss with speed, grit of paper-360-400- or valve lapping compound, or Kratex sticks. Tinker with kerosene and other lubricants, and practice your layout math, and overlap, and the stagger of the swirls. They can be 1/2"Dia. up to 2" dia. and may be done on many bright metals. Have fun! Kent NEXT

If I can be of any more help please e-mail me, I did meet a club member with sporter who had made his own s/s dash board.

I have seen al turned sheet 482x 24" for 44.50 + Vat from Europa

Paul

Comment

Message originally posted by: Derek (tech Rep)
        Frost at Rochdale do a little gizmo for producing engine turning on alumimium.
        I use a piece of wood either bare or with some valve lapping paste

Comment

Hi,

DO you have the contact details.

Regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X