help required for new member in France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help required for new member in France

I have just received this email from a recent memebr who has just purchased a Marlin - can anyone help him out or recommend a good transport firm? His user name is darcphil so you can contact him direclty or I am happy to act as go between.

Hello

Just a short note to introduce myself
    I am a worshiper of the beautiful old English cars
    There's a long long time, i built a spartan; That was great !!
    recently sold my Panther kallista to buy a Marlin Roadster in england
    I am now looking for a carrier to bring the marlin from the surrey to the south of France.
    maybe you know some carriers who carry back britaniques cars down in france, to the mainland
    These carrier who might be happy not to travel down to France without any loadind
    Thank you if you can help me by giving me their contact

I have the pleasure to read all your forum topics
    thank you for this welcome
    sorry, i know i have to emprove my english, i do my best
    Philippe Darcourt

Re: help required for new member in France

If Philippe has found away around the French "Rouge Ruban" perhaps he could let us know how!!
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Haha Ben I had to look it up! Rouge Ruban indeed. I guess you are referring to the 'Federation Francaise Des Vehicules d'Epoque'proceedure for obtaining a grey card (Carte Grise)? I have heard tell its incredibly complicated and I think that Phillipe will have the hardest problem with getting a certificate of conformity - esp if not sva'd. I guess writing to Marlin Sportscars wont work as they dont produce the model Phillipe has bought. I believe though, and I have no authority to say this, that a club such as ours can make such a claim and certify the car as a genuine historical model.

I shall be watching this one with a great deal of interest.

Comment

I have a friend in North Herts who has a small curtainsider in which he delivers mixing desks amongst other things all over the continent he collected my roadster for me many years ago and we bodged up a ramp for that and I am sure he could do so again if our new French friend is interested I could put them in touch with each other.

Comment

sounds good Mark, thanks.

Comment

Hi Cameron,

Thats part of the reason I have tried to put together a register(i have to admit mostly Triumph at the moment) as proof of when the kit was bought is one thing, proof of when it was put on the road is another.However about a year or so ago the Carté Gris system was radically altered if not done away with.

My best advice to Philippe is to join the local historic car club and also get to know the local mayor!!

Do you have any details of the car he bought?

Comment

Hi Ben, no I dont know anything about the car but I will do so if I can, I believe it was recently on ebay as a doerupper. He has now managed to get transport sorted and I have asked him to keep in touch over his registration issues, although he seems to think it may take a while to get the car restored.
              Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Hi everyone,

thank you for your interest for that beautiful Marlin going to France.
                I found a carrier. the car left the shelter today and will soon arrive in the south of France.
                My Marlin is based on a Morris Marina Ital (year 1980) with an engine 1700.
                Registration in France seems to be possible, by the French Federation of Vehicles collection, if the car is more than 30 years old and fi the frenc MOT does not reveal a problem.
                it will certainly be difficult, but I am hopeful
                I met my first marlin in a rally car collection last year.

I will certainly need your help for technical references.

I wish you beautiful walks in your car
                cordially
                Philippe

Comment

2011 08 14 tour de l'étang de thau en ancienne (3).JPG
                  you can see a picture of the first Marlin, saw last year, just behin my Kallista

the following picture is my new Marlin
                  photo annonce marlin5.jpg

Have a good week end

Comment

Hi Phillipe,
                    Best of luck with your new Marlin keep us informed on how you get on with the registration system.

In your picture of the first Marlin(next to your Kallista) that is white with black wings!! Do you have any information about this car as it is a Mk1 Triumph based car that I can add to the register.

Your English is better than my Francais.

Bon Chance
                    Ben

Comment

hello,

I am looking to contact the owner of this Marlin with black wings
                      I asked the club who organized the day if they know the owner...
                      I am especially interested, as you can see, this Marlin is registered in France
                      2011 08 14 tour de l'étang de thau en ancienne (4).JPG
                      For registration, I expect to have received my car (it was collected last Friday)
                      I would like to see a internal plate and serial number of a Marlin Assembly in 1982 on a Morris Marina
                      plaque marlin.JPG
                      If you an help me…it's nearly christmas....
                      Thanks a lot

Comment

Excellent pic of the Mk1 just need the chassis number. Any chance?

Comment

Working...
                        X