This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Take it that was you, Derek, going the other way whilst I was going up to the Horseshoe Pass! Must meet up sometime.
    Gareth.
    PS, love the hat!

Comment

Today Doug has been busy!! Bluebelle has had a new clutch, rubber coupling and shortened propshaft and arrived home without any problems. Now ready for next year's events

Comment

Cleared out and sorted my old Cabrio and Roadster parts for selling. PM me for details or see lists on classifieds on the forum.

Comment

The sun was shining this morning and the forecast seemed good and Judy felt her cough could do with some "fresh air", so we set off in the Roadster. Through Taunton to Bampton, then through the Exe Valley, admiring the swathes of snowdrops and avoiding the pheasants with a "death wish". We stopped for a meal and a warm at Wheddon Cross then on to Dunster and Watchet, then back home via Bridgwater and Street. The car ran well, the sun shone most of the time and we seemed to miss the showers. It made a change to see scenery not dominated by water. Good day out. David.

Comment

Following the MOT & a shakedown trip it became clear that the crankshaft rear oil seal was severely lacking in the sealing department, decanting rather too much oil onto the drive via the bell-housing (which luckily has a drain hole). So today has seen a complete engine/box removal & associated dismantling. Fun...not.
            Still, new seal on order & a couple of weekends left prior to Stoneleigh to get it all back together...if I can summon the enthusiasm.
            Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
            Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Yesterday the dry weather and the chance to watch the flying Scotsman rally pass within fifteen miles of home was reason enough to take the marlin for a ride out. I parked up on the rally route near Barnard castle and sat with the hood down watching people in pre 1941 cars passing at quite a high speeds. Most seemed to recognise a kindred spirit (nutter) and gave a wave as they passed by. After about an hour I decided to drive to the next spectator point I knew at Bollihope common near Stanhope. I was following parts of the route and was surprised how many spectators thought I was part of the event even with a Q plate. After about fifteen minutes at Bollihope the heavens opened and I decided a dash for cover was the best course of action. This only works if everyone else is in the mood for a dash. Still even with water running down the inside of the screen it was great to get out and about in Marley. In all about forty miles covered with no problems. Today a chance to dry the car so another run out of about thirty miles in the Durham dales and through Hamsterley forest, then back home for a little bit of tinker time, saw the carpets fitted to the bulkhead in the foot well's.

Comment

Yesterday our Local Kit Car Club had a "Clat", each member makes their own way to a designated meeting place at a stated time for C a coffee/chat, L lunch, A and, T tea or toilet. The weather was not promising but we made our way to Dorchester via Camera Van in Aller, Cycle race on A372 towards Podimore, Thick mist over Rampisham Hill on A37 towards our destination. 5 kit cars of which 3 were Marlins, a Roadster, Sportster and a 5EX1. After a long chat and refreshment the weather was turning to rain, so we all headed towards home in convoy. Nice to see some cars out for the first time this year.

Comment

Saturday.. Kent to Derbyshire 170 miles Sunday morning another 75 miles further north to the National Mining Museum. Excellent company and a trip down the mine ( there had to be easier ways to earn a living!!) Then 220 miles back home in steady drizzle. Next stop Stoneleigh.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Come on Jez...race yah, my box isnt even out yet. Just going out now to drain the water out of the rad and make a start

Comment

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

10478167_10204081690592056_5365700270804726281_n.jpg

A lovely day for a spin along the Dorset coast road from Weymouth to West Bay

Comment

I had my first trip out in the Marlin today and I think I'm smitten.

I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is in terms of the suspension, although getting in and out is a skill in itself. Ha ha. I just wish there was a bit more room to stretch my legs. I seriously need to invest in a hat of some description and look at getting some wind deflectors in the future. But great fun to drive.

Comment

Cracking day yesterday. Went to Port Sunlight village. Great place to go! Museum, Art Gallery, Gardens, Cafe's. A real oasis in the middle of Birkenhead. The weather was fantastic and to top it all, there was even a Classic Car display on the village green. The Roadster performed brilliantly and certainly turned some heads!

Comment

DSC_0147[1].JPG I decided to give the roadster a bit of fresh air this morning taking in a few hills and country lanes in upper Weardale. Great fun and collecting waves and smiles as you go.

Comment

Hope you don't mind me asking - are those 14" k&n diamond alloys, if so I'm wondering what size and make tyres you're running?

Comment

They're 14" kn alloys on 185x65 but they don't have much clearance on the top ball joint and that's with spacers. I'm not 100% on the make but I think continentals. With that width the car can be a bit tail happy in the wet so something narrower might be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X