This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

I have heard that some people do drive their cars, but I think its only a rumour. Why us something just as it comes? Much better to modify it and make it what you really wanted.

Comment

Oh! If only the weather would improve, we genuinely need to go out and get a top-up tank of fuel, but when?

OK then, I'll just see if I can improve the line of the throttle cable, but wait, is that windscreen washer pump in need of some attention?
      Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Put a Marlin hat on and a coat , stop complaining and get out there. You have a heater don't you? Get out and drive , possibly to the tyre shop for snow tyres. All the lovely roads you have ,enjoy them and stop making excuses!

Comment

We have been out for a run in Bluebelle. Very pleasant with heater on full blow. Even a bit of weak sunshine, somewhat better than yesterday. 3.5 degrees but dry! Liz

Comment

It might well be dry over there ! ! !

Good to see you yesterday at Sheldon

Comment

Been for a quick trip to Castle Cary to feed my daughter's cat while she is away. Then re-fitted the driver's seat as it had become a bit wobbly, and finally a quick wash.
              With luck it won't be raining when I need to go and give the cat its evening meal!
              Update: It wasn't raining
              Last edited by chris_cussen; 01-04-18, 03:16 PM.

Comment

We met up with several of our local Kit Car Club at Weston Super Mare where there was a Classic Car Show on the grassed area near the beach. Hundreds of cars and plenty of enthusiastic members of the public. Had a chat with a young man and his girl friend,[ they came from Stroud ], who said his mother used to have a Roadster, he also said his grandfather has a Berlinetta. He said his grandfather had also been involved with the Marlin Club. Unfortunately I forgot to ask his name, the only upside is, that each took a picture of themselves in my Hunter. Someone in the family might see this post and put the picture on the Forum. An interesting man stopped and spoke because he recognised my Hunter as one he sold about 13 years ago, when he owned the garage in Somerton. Dry all day but turned cold later on. Good day out. Just a thought to "kahawi", some people enjoy working on, even building Marlins, rather than using them. At least we all have a choice, each to their own !!!! We enjoy going out and about in ours sun or rain, even though we are "Silver driver & passenger" !!!! Judy & David.

Comment

It's been raining down south so I started on replacing the half shaft oil seals as they were leaking oil into the drums. Got the divers side done, hopefully I can get the passenger side done next week.
                  Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Didn't realise it rained that much you got the divers side done

Comment

Hi David, Pleased to hear you are out and about. The young man you speak off may be Brian Gads grandson.?

Comment

Originally posted by davidmartin720 View Post
                        We met up with several of our local Kit Car Club at Weston Super Mare where there was a Classic Car Show on the grassed area near the beach. Hundreds of cars and plenty of enthusiastic members of the public. Had a chat with a young man and his girl friend,[ they came from Stroud ], who said his mother used to have a Roadster, he also said his grandfather has a Berlinetta. He said his grandfather had also been involved with the Marlin Club. Unfortunately I forgot to ask his name, the only upside is, that each took a picture of themselves in my Hunter. Someone in the family might see this post and put the picture on the Forum. An interesting man stopped and spoke because he recognised my Hunter as one he sold about 13 years ago, when he owned the garage in Somerton. Dry all day but turned cold later on. Good day out. Just a thought to "kahawi", some people enjoy working on, even building Marlins, rather than using them. At least we all have a choice, each to their own !!!! We enjoy going out and about in ours sun or rain, even though we are "Silver driver & passenger" !!!! Judy & David.
                        I just happened to come across the show. I did not know it was on. We had just decided to go to WSM for a trip out to take a bored daughter and friend to the pier and take our 10 month old Working Cocker Spaniel puppy for a big run along the beach.
                        WSM Marlin Hunter.jpg

Also saw this LWB Roadster there.
                        WSM Marlin Roadster2.jpg

It had an interesting upgrade to the front suspension. Coilovers fitted and the torsion bars removed completely. Would be interested to know if it is anyone on here and if they could tell us the potential handling improvements.
                        WSM Marlin Roadster Suspension.jpg
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                        - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Unfortunately can't see the pictures.

Adrian

Comment

Please upload the pics again as they are not showing. Be interesting to see the Roadster suspension upgrades.
                            I think coilover upgrades have been discussed on here before.
                            Last edited by meverett; 04-04-18, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meverett View Post
                              Please upload the pics again as they are not showing. Be interesting to see the Roadster suspension upgrades.
                              I think coilover upgrades have been discussed on here before.
                              Ok. I'll try again.
                              WSM Marlin Hunter.jpg
                              WSM Marlin Roadster2.jpg
                              WSM Marlin Roadster Suspension.jpg
                              Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 1800 Fiat Twin Cam engine and 5 speed Abarth gearbox built in 1987
                              - I have no idea what I am talking about........ but my advice is always free! -

Comment

Never mind the cars , I'd rather see pictures of the working cocker!!

Comment

Working...
                                X