This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done with your marlin today

Something I took off another forum, to tell others what you have done today with your marlin, from a polish to a drive to a modification to a improvement absaloutly anything.......please tell all

Re: What have you done with your marlin today

I went into the garage, inspired by Roberts rebuild diary and thought I would do a few things but the heater wouldnt even touch the cold so I went in for a cup of tea whilst it warmed up. AN hour or so later I went back in and looked at it some more, polished a spanner or two. Lined up the front apron and tried to work out how I would fit it (its a simple flat moulding on the romero), trimmed a bit of grp, looked at it some more and gave up.

Comment

Looked at the hardtop I fitted last week. Filled the tiny snail bites in the gel with a wax filler stick then polished it. Drew up the plans for the intermittent wiper control knob. Will get the lathe out this week to make it. I've already made the electronics.
      Tweaked the mixture one notch on the AMM.
      Watched the teeming rain and waterlogged drive and garden.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

I'm unsure about posting this, having seen what the UK weather has been like, however........dare I say I thought about mine (briefly) then went out in the sun and enjoyed several miles driving the Gulf coast in my rental here in Florida...5.0l and goes well ! See you next month DC
        Attached Files

Comment

AM I BOVERED ?
          Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Folks
            Went out for a fairly dry run to pick up an Ebay bargain
            At least it was dry untill I tackled a short shallow flooded section at speed and the water came straight over the top of the screen(Doh)
            Popped in to see Mike who lives near Chard who is the new owner of my last Roadster,Nice to see her back local to me and in good hands after spending a brief spell in France
            Knocked up about a hundred miles all told only having to put up the hood lor two brief spells to dodge squalls
            Not quite as warm as where you are DC but but who wants to be driving round with air con?(lucky b****r)
            Cheers
            Bryan
            Stapley Bryan

Comment

Had a dry run fitting my wire wheels and hub adaptors today, just had to modify the front hub castings a bit and all was well. Tomorrow, get the tyres off and see about choosing what colour to paint the wires, sliver, cream or even as my mate suggested maroon the same as the body. Dont' know what to do yet. While the wheels were off did a bit more painting and whipped off the rear drums to check the rear brakes all look like brand new so good news there. Too cold to do any more so wrapped it up and went for lunch. cheers Chris

Comment

Took the dust sheet off to see if it's still under there - it is !.

Put the dust sheet back on again till next spring.

Comment

Lol that is funny Neil

I started work on Terr'ys power steering conversion, hoping to get it completed soon.

Comment

Lee.
                    So that would please suicide Terry ! so it will be ready in six months then.

Comment

Took the cover off, fitted a battery isolator, checked the efficacy of the antifreeze, fitted the door seals around the newly fitted hard top. Went for a drive with Mrs Rog and what a lovely day for it!
                      Put the cover back on.

Comment

Today I have been mainly adapting the Mini heater to be smaller and more powerful.

Basically cut the fan housing off the back to leave enough for the Heater Matrix to fit in.

Then fabricated an enclosure to fit on the back out of Ali and then bought the most powerful and largest PC fan from Maplins with a gaurd and fitted that to the back of the enclosure.

So why do this, well I wanted the controls for the screen and car without having to make that as well.

In the CBS Catalog the same thing would have cost me £132 my version £32.69, oh and my time.

Good days work.

Adrian

Comment

Well I patted her on her bonnet.
                          Then I took her carb off (Weber 28/32 tldm - nightmare getting spares) and re-built it. She fired up and seemed to run smoothly just as the rain started so no test run yet.

Comment

Nice 70 mile round trip to Nottingham, car running perfreclty by the time I got home. Pleasant interview for an intesting new job. However popped out 4 miles from home and the clutch cable snapped! Interesting drive home - well you should learn a new skill every day. The Marlin will have to join the queue as the garage space is taken by a 3 wheeled mini (new sivel joints to be fitted).

All part of life's rich tapestry

Nick Tinsdeall

Comment

After the carb re-build I went for a blast this morning. Oh Joy!. No misfire, smooth tickover, auto choke closing properly, absolutely chuffed.

Comment

Working...
                              X