X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but heated seats are in MX5 not Marlin.
    I'm also Lincolnshire born so no comment there. As for God's country ,well that's got to be Scotland or Canada [which is Scotland on a bigger scale] Can't decide which!
    Obviously never visited Birmingham and the West Midlands conurbation!

Comment

Seems to me its about time some Marliners visited Brecon Beacons Prescelli Hills and Tenby areas to see the real Gods Country in all its magnificence.

As I appear to be the only Marlin owner to benefit from such a beautiful part of the UK

You can keep Birmingham and The Black country with all its dirty polluted roads litter and yellow lines ,I will keep to the clean fresh air and open countryside

Which is occasionally marred by the smell of hamburgers but that,s only when there is a strong Westerly wind from America

Today is occupancy day for my new Marlin garage fits like a glove and the garage can be rolled forward to facilitate easy access [ATTACH]9476[/ATTACH
      Attached Files
      Last edited by burnside; 19-01-18, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Looks right at home there. Amen to the scenery and open roads of Little England and Tafarn Sinc at Rosebush one of the loveliest pubs ever. Its too long since I was down there.

Comment

Fitted new exhaust manifold due to original one cracking ...uprated to a Efi manifold hopfully last longer than the cortina one
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW What a fantastic day for a drive washed and polished the car first thing then off to a tour of the Pembrokeshire coast in the bright sunshine 12 to 14 degrees Tenby and Pembroke dock, Neyland Marina, Stopping for lunch at Lawrenny alongside the Quay lunching outside in the sun .What a fantastic time So sad you folks the wrong side of the bridge dont get the oppertunity to enjoy the real gods country down here in West Wales IMG_8061[17063].jpg

Comment

You smug self satisfied swine, looking really good and there was me getting my roadster ready to tax for Easter , just as the snow is due. Pembroke will probably have heat wave till late November with rain only falling after dark. Do I sound jealous? Well I am!

Comment

You know what to do Dave I am sure you have not forgotten the way to the hills of West Wales so get a trip together a Marlin meet down here in Sunny Wales I can plan a route sightseeing and places of interest with great food and refreshments, camp sites etc but as I am a newbie I dont really know anyone

Comment

Hi Burnside, don't let the fact you are a 'newbie' put you off planning a club event. Like numerous 'older' club members I have organised a few weekends in Suffolk so have a reasonable idea of what works and what doesn't. Feel free to contact me for a chat if you wish. Contact details in Pitstop.

Comment

Go for it! But not in June!

Comment

Finished a big service today. Usual oil and filter change plus cambelt, fan belt and new coolant.
                      After many years I have managed to obtain a fan belt of exactly the right size. I have been using one a bit too short which required the alternator pulley to be removed to change it. In the past "the next size up", according to some motor factors, allowed the alternator casing to touch the steering shaft. Both problems solved now.
                      (Yes, I did fit a new cambelt tension idler pulley.)
                      My engine was refurbished by Vulcan. They always required me to use Valvolene VR1 oil. It is becoming hard to find here so I rang Steve at Vulcan for an alternative. They haven't been recommending this for a year. They now use Castrol Classic XL 20/50. I have obtained this from Opie oils via a remarkably fast service. Of note, Opie will give discount to car club members, but, the Marlin Owners Club is not registered with them......yet.
                      Ready for Stoneleigh now.
                      Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 27-03-18, 06:39 PM. Reason: spolling
                      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Originally posted by Dane_Rescueman View Post
                        Finished a big service today. Usual oil and filter change plus cambelt, fan belt and new coolant.
                        After many years I have managed to obtain a fan belt of exactly the right size. I have been using one a bit too short which required the alternator pulley to be removed to change it. In the past "the next size up", according to some motor factors, allowed the alternator casing to touch the steering shaft. Both problems solved now.
                        (Yes, I did fit a new cambelt tension idler pulley.)
                        My engine was refurbished by Vulcan. They always required me to use Valvolene VR1 oil. It is becoming hard to find here so I rang Steve at Vulcan for an alternative. They haven't been recommending this for a year. They now use Castrol Classic XL 20/50. I have obtained this from Opie oils via a remarkably fast service. Of note, Opie will give discount to car club members, but, the Marlin Owners Club is not registered with them......yet.
                        Ready for Stoneleigh now.
                        I just ordered some VR1 from Opie today... A bit more expensive that the Castrol Classic though!
                        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Yes, I would have ordered VR1 from Opie, but as Vulcan now recommend the Castrol stuff, I thought I would give it a try. I did like the VR1 though despite the cost.
                          Did you get a discount? I'll see if I can register the MOC with them.
                          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

I've always used it since I used it in the rally car. I get discount via the SKCC forum.
                            Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Both.jpg
                              The nice new Marlin ‘Union Flags’ arrived yesterday by post, as my attempt to repaint the old ones had proved woefully inadequate! I whipped off the lower bonnet sides to fit them. Of course the screw holes in the new flags were smaller than the originals, so small that if I drilled them out, the old retaining bolts would have been hopelessly too large.

No problem, I have a box of assorted chromed brass screws, unfortunately the perfectly sized 6-BA ones had no matching nuts to accompany them. A little ingenuity proved that the brass insert from an electrical connector block was a ‘near-enough’ thread size to make do. (As soon as I get a ‘Round Tuit’ I will, of course replace with the real thing) so, having cut and filed, polished and screwed, our Hunter was looking resplendent again.

In the meanwhile, the postman had delivered the latest parcel from the MGB-Hive, a pair of seat-belt retaining clips.

Why do we do it? We take a brand-new item straight from the box and hack it to pieces? Drilled and cut, sanded and polished and finally attacked with a heat gun and bent, the result is not too displeasing and it should stop the belts from continually getting lost behind the seat(s)

At around 5 o’clock a courier dropped off the replacement nearside front hub carrier, so tomorrow….

Now tell me, it isn’t a myth is it? Do some people actually take their Marlins out for a drive?
                              Last edited by kahawi; 30-03-18, 01:03 PM. Reason: MGB-hive, not just MG
                              Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Kahawi, I've sent you a PM and look forward to your reply
                                Rgds Dave Cunnington Archivist

Comment

Working...
                                X