This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Many thanks David, I have a set to replace my 13" kns (they're on 185 70 13 good years). I'm also running around a 5mm spacer. Clearance on the 14" is worse (only about 1-2mm) and I suspect the drums on the 14" are 6j rather than 5.5j leading to the clearance concern. I'm considering longer studs and 6mm spacers, but also I've noticed some tyre side walls are squarer to the rim which may help clearance. Guess I've a few options but overall I prefer the stance of the 14" - maybe a 175 tyre is an option too.

Comment

If you change to the 175's please post your findings, I'm sure quite a few people will want to know. I'm looking to replace my tyres for next summer but don't know which way I'll be going with the width or the make. I'll start by looking for the rolling radius to make sure I keep the speedo in line.

Comment

Well not today but yesterday I did a 400 mile round trip to the VSCC spring start at Silverstone. The Marlin behaved perfectly and it was great to see real cars being driven as the designers intended. Today the wind burn is kicking in so I look like the negative for a panda .

Comment

Today was the day I tend to put off from time to time. I re-waxoyled my Berli's underparts. I hate playing with black waxoyl but wouldn't be without it !
          Both the car and I are now undersealed. Bring on the Cornish liquid sunshine
          Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

I can smell it from here Dane. great stuff though!

Comment

Originally posted by David1898 View Post
              Well not today but yesterday I did a 400 mile round trip to the VSCC spring start at Silverstone. The Marlin behaved perfectly and it was great to see real cars being driven as the designers intended. Today the wind burn is kicking in so I look like the negative for a panda .
              Did you take any photos at VSCC?
              - we did not get this year, but it is usually a good event : I particularly like the ERAs which often turn out in force at Silverstone, although they do not like the cold of the first event of the season, as it causes main bearing failure!

Comment

Enjoyed some twisty roads in Wales, honour of Roadsters upheld when two bikers pulled over to let me past as they had been holding me up.

Comment

Pitched up in Bourg-en-Bresse on route to Italy and beyond
                  I don't think I have ever driven her in hotter weather,but behaved like a dream (the car not necessarily me!!)
                  650 ish k in 30 degree not too bad a test so far
                  Bryan
                  Last edited by bryannewell; 26-06-15, 06:08 PM. Reason: bad spelling
                  Stapley Bryan

Comment

Met up with my best man from 1977. I've not seen him since 1983!! We toured North and mid Cornwall yesterday and today. Here are the cars having a rest in Charleston
                    Attached Files

Comment

Funny looking XJ6 !!!
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Not as strange as it's owner

Comment

270 + miles topless (the car) to North Wales and back yesterday. Misty soggy and murky on the way over, but a particularly glorious run over the Woodhead Pass on the way back, autumn colours etc.

S'wot Marlins are for !

Cheers DC

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                            270 + miles topless (the car) to North Wales and back yesterday. Misty soggy and murky on the way over, but a particularly glorious run over the Woodhead Pass on the way back, autumn colours etc.

S'wot Marlins are for !

Cheers DC
                            Toooooooooooooo right, Luvly Jubbly, me and the Mrs love cruisin in the Marlin like that. other people seem to enjoy seeing the Marlin as well when your out and about, everybody gets a buzz !

Comment

Sunday 4th. I enjoyed a gentle 30 mile run around central Cornwall accompanied by about 30 other classic cars ending up at a nice pub in Summercourt for lunch. My local garage in Indian Queens owns a fair number of classics; all in showroom condition. Most were allowed out for the day. The garage owners organise some events during the year to raise money for the Merlin Project and Cornwall Air Ambulance. At one stage we enjoyed a rip roaring shoot out with an XK 4.2 engined MGB. No, that car did not corner well but was good on the straight. I'll attempt to get some photos from the organisers.

Comment

Judy & I looked at the weather today and decided to take a run via Chard and Axminster to Beer, Nr Seaton. Few drops of rain in Seaton, but a good welcome at the Dolphin, Beer where we had Sunday lunch. A good run home in the sunshine, although the wind was cold. The weather has started to change. We did not see any other Kit cars and no other cars with the hood down, they do not know what they are missing. A merry Christmas to all. David.

Comment

Working...
                                X