X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all had a great Christmas.
    I have done nothing with my Marlin today, must be going soft! 20171227_153630.jpg

Comment

Why is it left outside? Is there no room in your living room? That way you could at least polish it. Shame on you!! Tomorrow the snow will have meted and filled up the cockpit. Happy New Year!

Comment

That poor car looks so sad and neglected left to its own devices in the snow

Even a cover would make her feel wanted . Maybe you really want a snowmobile

Comment

Good to see a Marlin parked up outside, I ran mine for years with no garage, if any car can survive that a Marlin can.
          - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
          - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
          - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
          - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
          - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

If my Roadster was finished I wouldn’t leave it out.
            I know how many hours of work currently gone into it. I didn’t even take it out of the garage when I had some MOT work to do on daughters Corsa.
            Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year.
            Last edited by meverett; 28-12-17, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Mine is outdoors. Use a medium size cover from Halfords about £60. I have two on it as the 1st one deteriorated after 2 years so use that on top of a new one so get more life out of them

Comment

A member of the LocUst form built a garage for his. Using ply he made a box just bigger than the car and put castors on it. When he came home he pushed it over the car and locked the end doors. There would be air circulation where the walls were clear of the road.

Comment

Well firstly I went for a blast from Saundersfoot to Tenby and as far as Pembroke dock as it was dry gave it a bit of welly and wow it can move on down the road lovely roar and gave my hair a blow dry too
                  Got back home and measured it all over as I intend building a garage for it on Friday yes a garage from scratch in one day not your normal garage but a mobile one just over 4 ft high and on castors

The idea is so it can be rolled over the car allowing me to park it anywhere within my garden/patio area and leaving it well ventilated to avoid those micro blisters I recently gained when it was kept under a Monsoon Cover.
                  Being only 4 feet high or so it will be unobtrusive ,
                  I looked at the tent types of cover and a good westerly might just blow one away so heres to marligarage it will double as a dog run in the summer LOL .
                  Last edited by burnside; 10-01-18, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Showed the dog the design for my Marlin garage/dog run the bulldog took one bite and totally destroyed the plan

Comment

Don't show plans to the dog, the know nothing, dogs are dyslexic . Build it and tell the dog it's a bone store when the car is not in it.

Comment

Hi Dave
                        Job done garage /car port built in 6 hours and ready to store my precious my car tomorrow, easy job and only cost £300 better than a cover less damp and fully mobile as its on 8 castors
                        marlin garage.jpg

Comment

Excellent , I see the roof, no sides? Good ventilation! . Better than a sheet.
                          Dave

Comment

Wincanton->Hawk Conservancy Andover, 5 hours volunteer work sweeping up leaves. Hawk Conservancy-> Wincanton. Round trip of 84 miles. Needed the roof down as the leaf rake wouldnt go inthe car with the roof up. Anyway it wasn't raining so there was no excuse for hood up motoring (unlike the wuses in MX5s)

Comment

Not all of us! 120 mile round trip to Franklin's meet at Stamford yesterday with roof down.

Comment

Ditto, although 160 mile round trip for me. They breed em tough in Derby, I had the roof up.

Comment

Working...
                                X