This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done with your marlin today

Took our Cabrio to Orford in Suffolk last Thursday and did a 6 mile walk followed by a pub (in the garden) lunch. Only about 15 miles each way from home but good to be using the car again. As has already been said I would not have wanted to be at Stoneleigh today. Still waiting to hear from the organisers what their plans are for later in the year.

Comment

Well over the last few weeks. Took a drive, heard a an intermittent vibration noise, strange smell of some rubber, slowed down and as I stopped the front nearside mudguard flipped over the top of the wheel.....ooops! thank the lord for a tool roll and cable ties. So pulled the guard back into place and semi permanent repair to get home. Subsequent visit to a man with a welder, stripped it all off and welded the bracket, also put a rib on the back of the plate for some added strength. It worked for the off side when that broke. Bit of paint and sorted. Then some strange scratches on the rear wings, bit of a filler, bit of 3000 wet and dry, bit of paint, that's sorted as well.
      Last edited by stevepritch; 05-05-21, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Quik whizz down the A303 to Yeovilton this morning to where I help at "Navy Wings", who maintain the FAA historic flight. Up today was a DH82 and one of the two airworthy Seafires SX336 who did flew past a couple of times. Totally awesome sound as it did a low pass.

Comment

Working...
        X