This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What have you done with your marlin today

That's nice, do you have a pic? It's good to remember things like that. I'm planning to fit some badges my father had to the Marlin.

Comment

I started the Cabrio for its winter monthly warm up, then when tried to select gear found the clutch disc had stuck to the flywheel. So jacked up the rear end and started the car in gear with the clutch pressed, gave it a few revs then pulled the hand brake on when the wheels rotating then it freed the disc from the flywheel. At least I didnt have to remove the gearbox to free off the clutch.

Comment

Fitted intermittent wiper relay and wired up . Happy chappy as it all worked and the car didn't catch fire!

Comment

Always a bonus when your car does not set on fire Alan it really is annoying
          Last edited by CosworthCabrioLee; 20-01-13, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Even more annoying when you have just fitted intermittent wipers...

Comment

My intermittant wipers only work intermittantly.
              Sometimes they decide to become full time wipers.

Comment

Following identifying the failed Brake Master Cylinder earlier this month, have now changed it for a dual circuit unit. Piped as a front / rear split as its the easiest and I didn't fancy running another pipe to the rear and adding another flexible onto the axle (bracket fabrication etc...).

Managed to give it an initial bleed on my own, so now it does have brakes, but need to enlist some help for a 'proper job'.

At least I can move it around safely now.

Comment

The sun is out ......

After what can be described as a turbulent few weeks during which many of my other activities have been cancelled or postponed I decided to go for a drive. Gorgeous - such a sweet engine.

The tax runs out at the end of the month so I'll try and make the most of February before SORNing for a couple of months to allow me to complete all those jobs that were earmarked and need doing after the last MOT (4 months ago) !!
                  Brian

Learning more about:
                  June '73 Marina based Mk2 Roadster
                  1800 TC; 4 speed gearbox; 4.55:1 differential with 4.5pcd (the rare one!)

Another interest -www.somersetschoolsathletics.org.uk
                  And another - 'Tractor Doctors' skittle team

Comment

More like what have I done in the last few months that could probably have been accomplished in a day...
                    1/ Engine out
                    2/ Clutch plate upgraded to 215mm SD1-spec (fits standard Marina/MGB cover)
                    3/ Cycle wings obtained
                    4/ Much head-scratching as to how to attach them to the Marina upright
                    5/ Plan formulated (with thanks to the Teal OC for some helpful ideas)
                    6/ Started to prep the body sides (hole filling & repairing corrosion from where water pools on the running board)
                    7/ Now need steel, time & supply of MAPP gas (to aid the bending of stays)...seems hard to find MAPP these days. Another victim of H&S madness..?
                    8/ Gearbox inspected - not good news, shagged 5th gear, 3rd gear going the same way, bearings shot & leaks like a sieve...now need additional budget to renew..!

The joys... :-)
                    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
                    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Heavy wintry showers forecast today so hood down and well wrapped up took my Hunter to Crediton for its MOT which it passed ok. Came home the scenic route via Bickleigh Bridge and down the Exe valley. Great drive! Spent the next two hours washing off all the red Devon mud and salt! The roads really are a mess at the moment. Hope for some better weather soon. Peter.

Comment

Snap Peter. Did the same myself today with Ruby and also passed. As you say it was freezing but an exhilerating drive and somehow even warmer on the way home safe in the knowledge that we can motor on for another 12 months. Cheers Chris. Lympstone Devon.

Comment

Drove out to Bakewel in the Cabriol to see David Siddals engine conversion on his sportster. BMW m20 replaces the previous V8 rover . Excellent job by David in what was already a very well presented Sportster.

Comment

Thanks for your positive comments Alan, much appreciated. Proof of the pudding will be on the road. Thanks for being a helpful ear to bounce ideas off. David

Comment

6:30 am. Just drove 40 miles across Dorset to work . Only -1 deg C, but I did have to wear two bobble hats. And no, I don't have 2 heads!

Comment

Does anybody wear motorcycle helmets? Not for impact protection but for the thermal and wind protection.

When I was a child, I had a leather pilots helmet which I wore to keep me warm, I was usually in the back seat and my parents rarely had the hood up unless it was pouring down. I would have been about 20 before we had a saloon car for longer than a month, an Alvis TD21 saloon and then I had my own Land Rover with no roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X