cabrio v8 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cabrio v8 gearbox

i own a cabrio with 3.5 v8 rover engine, the problem is the gear box is agricultural and is getting really clunky, i have spoken to a couple of members who tell me there are a couple gearboxes for that engine and they are both about the same, a good friend of mine has a couple of classic cars with the same v8 rover engine and he assures me that a tvr gearbox will do the job perfectly, now i know nothing about kit cars or any other car for that matter but as my name suggests i like to travel pretty quickly and i came about this little beauty by chance and its thrilling to drive appart from the shitty gearbox.
    Now i know out there are some pretty clued up people out there so i wondered if some of you can give me some advice, or is there any one out there who has fitted a tvr gearbox to a rover engine.

Re: cabrio v8 gearbox

Welcome to the forum Roger. If it's the SD1 rover box then they aren't that good, they have an oil pump and when that get's clogged with debris the whole thing goes bang.

I am sure there are plenty people here who can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
    X