Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuts

Any one out there have a spare set of 3/8 unf wheel nuts ? Just the bog standard ones. Cheers Chris

Re: Nuts

I'm sure I will have, when I get home I will check what there are in the wheel nuts box. I will be amazed if there aren't at least a couple of spare sets there.

How good do you need them?

I am pretty sure there are some, but not a full set, of long (tall?) closed ended ones maybe 1 3/4" long, may have been chromed at one time. For Rostyle (Sp?) wheels?

Comment

Hi ROBERT, JUST NEED THE OLD STYLE BOG STANDARD OPEN THREAD TYPE. STEVE GREEN MAY HAVE A FULL SET BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW. THANKS BUDDY CHEERS C
      HRIS.

Comment

Just had a look in my garage and the nuts I have are like this

P1030311.jpg

What I do though have a set of locking wheel nuts like this

P1030310.JPG

Any use??
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks for looking Steve, I have a set of those it s just the normal open ended nuts I need to fit my wire wheel hubs, but thanks anyway Cheers Chris

Comment

Just counted my stock, I have 23 normal open ended standard nuts in the kitchen, I think I have at least a further 8 outside in the garage, maybe more and I may also have some in my shed, so I am sure 16 could be spared.

I also have 8 long nuts which were chromed, now very rusty chrome.

I would need to check the threads are OK but you are welcome to a set if you want, they are a bit rusty but serviceable, PM me.

Comment

MWS International have all the right nuts for wire wheel adaptors, try Spitire. I think that's the right thread.
              I'm using 12mm wheel studs and nuts as I found that TR7 front hube are the same as Marina so I am using these as they are a bit meatier.

Brian.

Comment

Hmmmm.
                Standard Marina are 3/8" UNF
                Triumphs changed from 3/8" to 7/16" UNF, you can find both on Dolomite Sprint axles and I guess the TR7 4 speed differential/axle followed the same path, they had much in common with a Marina axle.
                Not sure if Triumphs ever went to Metric.

Late Fords used M12 a little larger than 7/16"

It is possible to swap the 3/8" and 7/16" studs around, but the Ford M12 studs have a larger unchamfered head and, in an ideal world, need a bit of adjustment with an angle grinder before they fit in a Marina hub.
                MOC member since 05/97
                1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Chris,
                  Rimmers list a seperarte part number for the retaining nuts for the adaptors.
                  You need to make sure that if you use standard wheel nuts to hold on the adaptors that they dont foul on the back of the spoked wheel. Make sure the splines go fully home. Also strongly recommend using loctite or similar.
                  Last edited by b_caswell; 27-01-13, 04:10 PM.
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Cheers Ben

Comment

I have 16 standard nuts in a Jiffy bag ready to post. Chris, if you need them shortening at all then let me know, I can turn them down a bit if it's any help.

I have cleaned up the threads with a good tap and given them a nice warm bath in the ultrasonic cleaner. So they are good to go. Just let me know if you need them shortening.

Comment

Great stuff Robert, thanksMate. I will try them first and see how it goes. Cheeers Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X