Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battery Problems

Chris said
    I use a battery master switch. It has a removable key so works as an anti theft device too.
    I said
    I seem to have solved the problem by using an isolating terminal,
    If you go Chris's route or mine get a good quality one I have heard tales of isolators ending up becoming the problem rather than a lasting cure due to degradation of the contacts.

Comment

When not in use I keep my car connected to one of those battery conditioners that CBS provide. Not had a problem so far after three years. I mainly do this as with all my fuel injection gubbins under the bonnet there is only room for a relatively small battery so I need to keep it in good condition to guarantee a start at a later date. I did not want to reposition the battery in to the boot as others have done for space and safety reasons. I also have a battery isolator that I use if stopping elswhere overnight.
      Last edited by Dane_Rescueman; 01-02-13, 08:15 PM.
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

This is the item I used from Merlin Motorsport http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p4...duct_info.html

Comment

You can get the master switch off ebay for a couple of quid.

Comment

True, but note what rog8811 said. Mines been ultra reliable for 10 years

Comment

I've taken to leaving mine on solar chargers, bought from Maplins on a half price offer.
              A 4 watt one for the Yamaha, a mid sized one for the Landrover, and a larger one for the Marlin as that one is behind a wired glass window in the lockup I rent.
              It seems to work quite well with little chance of an electrical fault causing a fire.
              Best Wishes
              Bill Williams
              Berlinetta

[/COLOR]Click here for The nearest thing I have to a home page

Comment

Trouble is for me that the car is kept outside under a waterproof cover so running mains to it is not really an option
                gotitcovered01.jpg
                I would have the milk man tripping over the lead in the dark...

Comment

That would be an invention! A car cover that has a built in solar panel to keep the stored vehicles battery topped up. Anyone fancy coming to see the dragons?
                  Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi,
                    I had the same problem on (only) one of my berlinettas. I mounted a battery cut off switch behind the dash and as Rog8811 says you just need to reset the clock from time to time. The cut off switch is also a good total cut off in case of emergency. Se Ebay for what I mean:

Comment

Working...
                    X