Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugrading to Electric Windows

Hello,

I'm planing to upgrade my Berlinetta manually operated windows to electric ones.
    Could anyone suggest the best donor mechanism for that purpose?
    Any suggestions, advices, pictures are welcome.

Regards
    Roman

Re: Ugrading to Electric Windows

Hi,
    I don't know what the Berlinetta mechanism is based on. Is it on the donor Cortina? If so then I would guess that the Sierra mechanism is very similar, and Sierras has both manual and electric variants.
    My Cabrio uses has Sierra electric windows and there were no real modifications except to make a couple of brackets to limit the movement. If you decided to got that route I can email you the (less than totally helpful) page from the Cabrio build manual.
    Chris

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you for response Chris. Yes, Its Cortina based. A page from the manual will be nice. my login at gmail.com
      Roman

Comment

There is a big difference in the width of a Berlinetta door and a Cabrio. After market electric window kits tend to protrude from the Berly door.

Comment

Thank you Danny. A little bulge on the inside of the door will be accepted ;-)

Comment

Roman
            If I got your email address right you should have the chapter from the cabrio build manual to look at
            Chris

Comment

Hi Roman I put electric windows on a berli once and used one of these kits, 140450035140 off ebay
              I could hide the motor in the bottom of the door. It is the simplistic way to go rather than trying to make do with another cars mechanism trying to make it fit.

Comment

Thank you Lee. I looked for the universal upgrade kits like the one you mentioned but was a little bit afraid of the not very high quality of the far east products.
                As you are/were happy with it I will probably go this way. Regards
                Roman

Comment

Hi Chris, I too have been mulling this project for a while [still working through my work list] so will you please also email the Cabrio page to me using [email protected].

Many thanks Roger

Comment

Hi Roman,
                    Just a little point. The manual window winder mechanism on the Cortina based Berlinetta was taken from the BMC Mini and is not at all like the Cortina mechanism. If you are considering using parts from a Sierra I would recomend that you investigate further before spending your money.
                    James

Comment

The window winders are from an old style mini, it is possible to get kits to convert them. Just search google. No idea if they would actually fit in a Berlinetta door but don't see why they shouldn't.
                      Regards Stephen

Comment

There have been Berlys fitted with elect operating windows. So some systems can be made to fit It may mean fitting a (bulge) because of limited space inside the door.

Comment

Working...
                        X