why did you buy a marlin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why did you buy a marlin ?

Agreed, would be stunning in infra red/colour.

Comment

My wife did some selective colour pics of our car.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Franklin. I've hopefully attached one which is my favourite, which is the one that was used in the calendar, but with the b/ w effects added.
        Gareth.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris, it is parked on the north side on the Towpath before Shepperton lock opposite Weybridge.
          Stewart

Comment

Marlin.jpg This my attempt at tweaking a pic
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Who got an iPad for Christmas then? Lol!
              Gareth.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Stewart, not far away then. Lived in Laleham for many years as a child so know the river well. Many a happy hour spent there. Cheers Chris

Comment

Ben is that a yellow spider coming to get your car ??????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

Ah yes, I recognise the photo with the phone box from 2012 calendar - but I still prefer the woodland scene. How do you do it?
                    Franklin, Leicester

Comment

Originally posted by CosworthCabrioLee View Post
                      Ben is that a yellow spider coming to get your car ??????????????????????????????????????????
                      Yeah he is looking for a web site
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b.caswell View Post
                        [ATTACH]3123[/ATTACH] This my attempt at tweaking a pic
                        Amazing, love the way the seats match the tone of the grass in the background.

Comment

Hi Franklin, it's done with an app on the iPad or on an android tablet, called Color Effects, and it's free. It changes the whole picture to black and white and you rub over the bits you want to restore to the original colour. If you don't have access to an iPad etc, and have a photo you want doing, I'll happily do it for you if you e mail it to me.
                          The woodland scene was taken by the old front gates to Oulton Park.
                          Gareth.

Comment

I started looking at building a Kit Car back in the mid 1980s . Went to a few shows and narrowed the list down to Marlin (Berlinetta – loved the rakish design) JBA Falcon and NG all of which had good build quality.

I felt that the latter two tended to try and imitate earlier classic sports cars whereas the Marlin had it’s own distinctive character, that echoed the feel of the past rather than trying to copy it, albeit with a nod to Alfa Romeo!

At a track day I was driven around Castle Coombe by Paul Moorhouse and decided on the Marlin as my first choice. Went down to Paul’s works in Plymouth and had a test drive in the Berli, but was a bit disappointed with the driving position which I found to be a bit high, although I still loved the shape. After some time passed and I went down to Plymouth again and had a test drive in the “new” Cabrio V8 demonstrator, immediately fell in love with the lower driving position and decided that I must have one!

Then in the 1990s followed some fairly major life changes including: House extension; Daily car restoration (Mk2 Cortina 1500GT) but written off 18months later in a no fault accident; Domestic upheaval; Unplanned Early Retirement; House move; Retraining for new career. Then in 2003 my Mother sadly became seriously ill and died.

Finally I accepted that with advancing years and other commitments I was never going to find the time to build my own kit so started to look for a ready built one to “just get in and drive it”. In August 2004 I saw a second-hand LWB Hunter for sale at Marlin Cars in Crediton which had my dream choice of engine the Rover V8. A quick test drive and I was hooked! It took 20 or so years but I got there in the end!

In true kit car tradition the “just get in and drive” idea soon turned into a list of to-do jobs, both planned and unscheduled, to keep me occupied, so I sometimes feel as though I actually built the car myself! That said it has provided one hell of a lot of fun and still gives me a grin from ear to ear whenever I turn the key and hear thatV8 come to life. Peter.

Comment

Thanks for that info Gareth. Androids and apps are a mystery to me but my wife is a bit nifty on this sort of thing, I'll get her on the case.
                              Franklin, Leicester

Comment

should we start a photoshop thread

Comment

Working...
                                X