Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 2.5 purge canister

Message originally posted by: jeremy mccammon
    Has anyone used this engine and mounted the purge canister?There are 3 pipes off this,one going to the throtle body>where do the other 2 pipes go? cheers

Re: e36 2.5 purge canister

If it's like the E30 2.5 the purge cannister is used to store, and eventually burn, vapour from the fuel tank - so that's probably where the other two pipes went. I suspect you can ditch it and blank off the connection to the throttle body - but someone else who has used an e36 must have a definite answer to this - anyone???

Comment

Thanks Robin,I have pondered on ditching it,but wonder what the ECU might think....would it cause a diagnostic fault?cheers

Comment

Again a guess - but i would have thought the connection from the ecu is purely to operate the solenoid that activates a purge (I think it happens on overrun) I guess there is no feedback to say if it has hapenned or not so if you disconnect it the ecu wont know - but I could be wrong... Best to get a second opinion before you do anything rash :-)

Comment

THANKS ROBIN,THAT SOUNDS LOGICAL.CHEERS

Comment

jeremy
            sorry but i need your email address photos of airintake to big for this forum please ring or contact me on ajgcurtis(at)aol.com

Comment

Working...
            X