Berlinetta build and restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Berlinetta build and restoration

A member requested some measurements by private message, but I am unable to post pics there. So I am posting them here for now.

20190724_095508-1632x1224.jpg

20190724_095546-1632x1224.jpg
    Last edited by scott h; 24-07-19, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hi scott,
      twas I, I am asking for the depth from the underside of the dash top ie the apex of the inverted 'V' to the base of the main dash, ie is it 30cms or less, I'm considering a Europa blank! that is if as normal questions to French wood suppliers do not generate a responses. I don't know how they survive with their service levels!! I also realise it's the holiday silly season here!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Stott View Post
        Hi scott,
        twas I, I am asking for the depth from the underside of the dash top ie the apex of the inverted 'V' to the base of the main dash, ie is it 30cms or less, I'm considering a Europa blank! that is if as normal questions to French wood suppliers do not generate a responses. I don't know how they survive with their service levels!! I also realise it's the holiday silly season here!
        20190724_151357-1632x1224.jpg

Comment

eccellent, thanks for that!, the fog begins to clear! ;-))

Comment

Hi scott,
            You think it's silly season now, wait until the first two weeks of August when the whole of Paris goes on holiday!
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

They're already here by Dz Bay!! :-((

Comment

Resurrecting this, page 20, the heater control, is it by Europa?, and the vent adjust, is that home made? if not for both, from where?
                thanks
                tony s

Comment

Resurrecting this, page 20, the heater control, is it by Europa?, and the vent adjust, is that home made? if not for both, from where?
                  thanks
                  tony s
                  Hi Tony, the temperature control was supplied by car builder solutions, as were most of the heating and ventilation components. The temp control is designed to fit through a thin metal panel, it has a slot on one end into which the panel would fit and is secured by a small screw on the other end. I had to carefully shape the dashboard blank with a dremmel until it was more or less only the veneer left to mount the control, so not ideal but it worked out ok.

The lower vent control is home made. There are some pics in the build diary of the workings. It is a bent rod with a washer welded in the bend. This is bolted to a bracket mounted on the panel, with a small spring on the bolt so that it can be adjusted to provide the ideal amount of friction for the control. Mig welding wire was used to link the rod to the flap valves which were again sourced from CBS.

Comment

thanks scott, completely missed that on the cbs site, age and failing eyesight I suspect. workshop here I come,later in the week it is then!

Comment

Working...
                    X