Berlinetta build and restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Berlinetta build and restoration

Well done Scott hope the weather is kind for you and you get lots of opportunity to enjoy your hard work. Rgds Angus

Comment

Good job ! Look forward to seeing it "in the metal" one of these days

Rgds DC

Comment

A couple of pics.

20190523_212828-1632x1224.jpg

20190523_212811-1632x1224.jpg

Comment

Looks fantastic! Now enjoy 😉
          Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
          Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Wow! Looks great! Now get some miles on the clock!
            Liz

Comment

A credit to all your hard work, enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for all of the kind words, 200 miles so far.

Comment

The exhaust was just too low, it grounded on a couple of sleeping policemen. There was a silencer mounted under the passenger seat, but there are two box section crossmembers which prevented the silencer from being any higher.

I returned to the place that fitted the exhaust and suggested that they could fit a right angle bend and mount the silencer across the car, in between the crossmembers.

Here is the result, with a juice can for size, before it was about half of the juice can.

20190703_190710-1632x1224.jpg

Comment

Sugar free Irn - Bru , whatever next!! Can't possibly taste the same. They'll be making Scottish Tablet without the sugar next!

Comment

What happened to the bloke holding the can? Did he survive being run over by a Berli?

Comment

Bargain at only 39p :-)

Comment

Originally posted by A_Hogg View Post
                          Sugar free Irn - Bru , whatever next!! Can't possibly taste the same. They'll be making Scottish Tablet without the sugar next!
                          I'm assuming you haven't tried this version of I-B then? It tastes absolutely spot on. Mind you I can never see the day when I'll be tempted to make some sugar free tablet. Actually you've set me off thinking I now need to make some tablet.......
                          2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Sugar free but still made in Scotland from girders!

Comment

This could be a new official unit of measure. Apparently Wales is, as people kept saying its about the size of Wales when describing something of that size.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan c View Post
                                This could be a new official unit of measure. Apparently Wales is, as people kept saying its about the size of Wales when describing something of that size.
                                Thats very true about the Wales bit Alan. I spent over 8 years working in the Netherlands and whenever anyone asked me how big it was and how many dutchie's lived there I would always say "think of Wales but with circa 16 million people there". Its increased to over 17 million nowadays........ and they've reclaimed some land but it still holds approximately true.
                                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Working...
                                X