Out for a run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out for a run

[QUOTE=ruby131;24868]It has to be said that whilst I applaud Mr Moorhouse's fantastic design of the Roadster, in my humble opinion and ( covering all bases) without predujice would suggest that during the design stages the drivers left ear could have been given a little more distance from the passengers oral department.

You could always do what Paul Moorhouse did and build the other half her own car.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Good idea Ben

Comment

I have enjoyed this thread - you don't get this banter in the Pitstop. More of the same please.

Just for the record I enjoy a ride out in the Sportster - even if we do have to take towels with us in case it rains - and "No" he hasn't let me drive it yet,

Terresa

Comment

Well, all that remains for me to comment on the subject of our female comrades, is I take off my hat (fur lined), sheepskin jacket ,scarf, gloves, jumper, padded shirt,long johns and varous other protective garments unmentionable on this platform. From what I see on a daily basis around the seafront at Exmouth, the fairer sex seem to wear less walking along the "Prom" in all weathers, than I do in bed! So I recon they must be well prepared for any eventuality and riding in a Marlin is a Walk in the park. For me, it must be an age thing, but I really still enjoy it.

Comment

Well, it's great reading all the replies to my little adventure last weekend, but today is another day and another woman. She has asked for a good fast ride this afternoon and by golly I'll do my best despite the age gap, she's only 30 and her expectations may be greater than my ability ? watch this space. By the way I have a veriety of females to test the marlin on !!

Comment

Better not forget the "jump leads" Harry !

Comment

do you want my phone number, i'll give 'em a try!!

Comment

Took mine for a run to the MOT man yesterday in the sunshine! did the sun actually come out or did I dream it!!
                  Came away with a Pass and no advisories.
                  Whilst I was there two eurobox's had theirs done,one went away with a couple of advisories the other a failure
                  I left sporting a bigger grin than normal
                  Bryan
                  Stapley Bryan

Comment

Peak District Meet yesterday, usual gang, good crack, and predictably the Hunter needed a wash today !.

Had a new stainless exhaust fitted t'other day, the local Powerflow concession is run by John Parradine, you may fancy googling him and Parradine Cars.

He unsuccesssfully tried a supercar manufacture in the 90s and the prototype car, all the moulds etc are at his premises - interesting to watch the one piece
                    pipe bending machine and chat but it took most of the day to get the exhaust made/fitted !

Rgds DC
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by dcunn; 28-04-13, 09:02 AM.

Comment

She looks very nice too! Bluebelle had to be washed when we got home. Farmer was slurry tanking and a lot was on the road. At least there was no snow about - first time this year for the Peak District Meet.

Comment

Hi DC what was your reason for changing ?

Comment

The whole system was low and after having been hit many times the box was not long for this world. It would have been good to have lifted
                          the cat up, but cost (imho) too much to achieve it, so it's the lowest point on the system, about 20mm higher than the sump.

I've spent some time underneath this winter and couldn't see a better way to go front to back so I felt that this was logical to get ground
                          clearance, also I didn't like the look from the rear with the standard pipe running diagonally.

Imterestingly the car seems to be running better, but whether that's the replacement (3.62 out, 3.92 in, gives better acceleration) diff or
                          the exhaust - or a combination of both - I don't know

PS Lee I'm still waiting for your quote to do the power steering - maybe do several together ?? Talk to you at Stoneleigh !

Rgds
                          Last edited by dcunn; 28-04-13, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hi DC fair enough nothing like those cold winter days laying looking up at your car nothing better. Have a drive of my car and see what you think of the steering and we will chat

Comment

Working...
                            X