Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Problem

Hi David
    Sighs of relief echo through the garage, if you need to change the in-tank filter have a look at www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk for new filters, or wash the old one in washing up liquid and then acetone, acetone will mix with water and fuel and is flammable. I use it to clear my fuel tanks of water and moisture, about 50ml in a 50ltr tank of petrol.
    I have taken my fuel tanks up to the local garage and used the hot water jet washer on them and then swill acetone around, it does evaporate, and the tank is bone dry.
    Phil

Comment

I experienced a blockage in my pre-pump filters after some tank sealing work. The sealant used was not resitant to E5 fuel (today's standard unleaded 95 petrol). I changed the filters, removed all sealant and resealed with ethanol resistant rubber and small amounts of ethanol resistant sealant. All OK so far.........
      Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

David, good to see you at Newark

Did you sort your rattling rear end out ?

Cheers DC

Comment

Hi Dave
          Good to to see you again at Newark, good news is I got home OK. Having now had a closer look with boot empty and more access I can see a big chunk on both sides is missing this must be to locate the other side of the shock absorber. Alan said from what he could see from underneath that something was missing. It looks like this may have been missing since day one as there is not any sign of major rust or any sign of the rear tub having been removed. I am now starting to dismantle the rear end then the plan is to borrow / hire a trailer to transport it to Doug's son to fabricate and weld new sections. I suspect your rattle at the rear end will not be as serious as mine, and I sincerely hope not !. Will start a new thread and update with some pictures in the next few weeks when I have dismantled.
          Regards
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X