No announcement yet.

Archive Mystery Car Pictures - can you help to identify them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Archive Help Required : Do you recognize these cars ?

Haha. I didn't expect to see my car. The red Roadster with white Weller wheels is mine. The photograph looks like the ebay image used by the previous owner when he was selling it 7 years ago. It had been standing for ages with 2 successive owners and needed lots of attention in all areas but the original builder had shown good skills and I managed to get it back to a decent finish. Wiring was shocking! When I look at some of the perfect cars some of you have I realise that mine has 'Patina' but it goes well and gets lots of attention.It has a 1950cc B Series engine, with standard 4 speed Marina box. I fitted taller 'Minilite' wheels to increase gearing. It looks like this now. Reg is Q445 YRX.
    Attached Files
    Roadster MKII LWB. Built 1988. Marina 1.8TC based. B Series 1950cc engine fitted with twin SU HS4 carburetors and unleaded, big valve head. 4 core Austin Maxi radiator. All Marina 1.8TC running gear including 4 speed gearbox. Minilite style 15"wheels fitted with tall tyres to increase gearing for more relaxed cruising.

Comment

Many thanks Si, that's another one done, and it's looking great now....when you have a minute would you care to send me any other pics you have, I only have two of the car...my email address is in Pitstop, thanks.

Ben Caswell has just confirmed the ID of the yellow car in Post 4, so it seems like we're on a roll

Very many thanks to all who have looked and contributed

Rgds DC

Comment

Is the blue one not this?

Or maybe not same colour but no roll bars, ho hum

Adrian

neiltechspec

frequent forum contributor
        Join Date Nov 2011Location Sutton ColdfieldPosts 70
        Re: Sportster Conversion
        The roadster with cycle wings pictured above is mine. Pictured after the rebuild following being written off.

They are 'locost' wings, with my own fabricated brackets. Fortunately when did the conversion, a few years before the write off, I actually bought 3 wings so had a spare.

The only awkward part for the brackets was ensuring enough clearance for the upper wishbones with steering on lock, not a problem now as I have adjustable upper wishbones and have more than ample clearance.

Neil.

Hybrid Roadster LWB.
        Triumph 4 cyl, Bosch 'L' EFI, Contactless Ign, 4 Speed G/Box with 'J Type' O/D. Tax Free !
        Last edited by listerjp2; 21-06-13, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Good thoughts, but I had discounted this as it seemed too obvious and trying to look closely at the few pics I have of this car a) Neil's car is a Hybrid with Triumph front suspension, and I think the mystery ship is Marina based (b) Mystery has a side exitting exhaust whereas Neil's goes to the rear and (c) the roll bars.

However, I'm willing to be proved wrong.................Neil, please reply................or will the real owner stand up !
          Rgds DC
          PS more pics of this car added here
          Attached Files

Comment

I think this a pur`fect picture stop to end the day. as Mr Lakin would say

Comment

Six more pics for your attention, this is Post 5. The pair of dark red ones have a tantalising "56M" registration which so far I cannot identify - can you ? - and I have the name of Andy Kemp against the green one
              By the way, I should mention that the pics in this thread are not my copyright as I have "gleaned" them basically from the internet, so if any are your pics and you want them removed please let me know
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dcunn; 25-06-13, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I have matched the page 3 car with Red rubbed down paintwork mainly by the unusual bonnet vents fairly sure itsYVK417K. The Blue car with no wings definitely NOT Neils car. And the Mk1 is another very early kit and this one has a bolt on screen frame (not sure if that was an option or the way the first few cars were made.
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks Ben. YVK I believe is now for sale in Spain, wonder what the new reg is ???

Think I'll leave it a few days and put some more up after the Suffolk weekend

Cheers DC

Comment

That blue one isn't mine

Comment

Many thanks for that confirmation Neil.

Here's Post Six, some more to tease your grey cells, two pairs and two single pics.

The green car with yellow wheels you can see has reg. --- (3 or 8?)25T, anyone know any more ?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by dcunn; 04-07-13, 04:16 PM.

Comment

The light blue car with the double hooped anti roll bar in Post 1 has just appeared completed on ebay, reg. CAT 411X.................looks a great "vintage" car

Comment

Just had a look at the blue car on eBay you mentioned, it took a bit of finding item no 161062389537 if any one else wants a look. Personally not my cup of tea and it is registered as a ford cortina on the logbook hmmmm don't think that is quite right.

Comment

Sorry Angus, I should have put the item number on the post.

Here's Post 7, four singles and a pair of a car which I believe was sold into Europe........one problem I keep running into is the number of Red Roadsters
                            and they're often difficult to tell apart............................maybe soon I'll put up six for you to help with.

Rgds - and thanks for looking DC

PS Think I'll soon be putting up some Berli pictures for identification
                            Attached Files

Comment

Damaged roadster is ex Terry Dutton now in Poland the car not Terry!! Damaged when owned by a member/ex member in Peterborough.

Comment

Many thanks Danny, that's sorted that one out - just need the Polish Reg to finish the file !

Cheers DC

Comment

Working...
                                X