Cosworth cabrio has been sold sold sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosworth cabrio has been sold sold sold

My latest update on the cabrio is well..... I have sold it on, yes that's right I have sold it on. I bet you never thought you would see the day, but nor did I, you may ask and the honest answer is, I was becoming bored of it and Marlin's in general, I have owned marlin's for over 20 years 2 main one's the Lotus roadster and the cosworth cabrio and lots beside them. The Cabrio is a fantastic and well sorted car and I will truly miss it as well as the Lotus Roadster but the time has come to move on to something different. My other car love is Lotus, having been around the Marque again at a early age and been involved in a ground up restoration of a élan 130/5 which we still have and still use.
    So I have gone out and got myself a Lotus Elise S2 Racetech to play with and have some fun i will not be leaving the club though as i regard all club members as friends and I will pop in and out the forum from time to time and never say never about owning another Marlin and of course I will be at various car shows so hope to see you all around. And if anyone requires any help or assistant don't hesitate to get in touch.
    Regards
    Lee

Re: Cosworth cabrio has been sold sold sold

Thats you and Tiyen, where will it stop?

Adrian

Comment

Adrian watch this space

Comment

Hi Lee

Who is the lucky person to have bought your Cabrio?

And what does your cryptic response to Adrian mean? Another Marlin on the horizon?

Have you ever built a Sportster?
        There is a Sierra based kit on ebay that requires "a bit of work"!

Comment

Hi Mike it has gone to the same company who got the roadster, a great bunch of guys and nothing to much trouble, as for having another marlin, I intend to play with the Elise and get a back to basics Roadster to thrash around in the future. Never not owned a marlin in 21 years strange really but by god an Elise puts it down.
          The criptic message all will be revealed soon

Comment

Mike, Guess what ?, I have also sold my Marlin Cabrio and bought Lotus built VX220.

Comment

What's this - a collective Cumbrian mid life crisis?

I hope Terry keeps his and is happy to run The Lakes Invasion next year - I had hoped to make it in my Cabrio!

Mike

PS - I hope you both enjoy your new toys - and may be we'll see you back in a Marlin at some time in the future..........?

Originally posted by CABRIOBOB View Post
              Mike, Guess what ?, I have also sold my Marlin Cabrio and bought Lotus built VX220.

Comment

Hi Mike if my car history is anything to go by I am in a perminant mid life crisis since I was about 18
                The lake will go ahead next year so your all free to come and sure I will have another Marlin by then wink wink. But my god the Elise is something else from performance to handling and I can totally understand why the kit car market is in decline.

Comment

I don't doubt that both the Elise and the VX 220 have performance and handling in spades but the big difference between them and the kit cars is MONEY for development so you can't compare like for like. Oh and some say the Vx 220 is the better car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun Guys

Comment

Isn't the VX the underpants car ???????????????????

Comment

trust me Alan we intend too

Comment

DC, Yes its the underpants car because you crap your self with the performance being so fantastic.

Comment

Haven't you guys heard of getting a mistress - no need to sell the car then.

Comment

Cameron, Good idea if the mistress hadn't ran off with the Cabrio !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

For those wanting a great fast road cabrio visit car and classic website and view Terry Reed's cabrio for sale, a well proven all round car

Comment

Working...
                              X